“Ideal place for a brunch”
Review of Picnic Restaurant

Picnic Restaurant
Ranked #397 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
“Ideal place for a brunch”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Loved the setting, it is very laid back and nicely decorated, very fresh. I recommend the eggs benedict with salmon, preferably to ask them well done (12eur). We had also a dessert called crumble with strawberries which was also delicious. Great if you want a peaceful coffee and cosy breakfast, away from the tourist hype.

• Korean first
“Really bad experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am someone that has come lot of times to this restaurant and the last times it has been a big disappointment
First at all the service its bad, last sunday they had 5 waiters for such an small place, all of they were uncoordinated, we were asked for echa one of them if we were ready to order, we were asked for all of them if we were reay to ask for drinks. Then we were waiting 20 minutes for the bill.
The wors about the brunch was the food, the egg white al all our dishes was torally undercooked, it was really discousting, the bread was from 3 days before.
I have come to this place at least 20 times but yesterday we all grred that it was the last time.

• Visited July 2014
Barcelona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Brunch In Barcelona”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

There you go I said it in the title. Almost 4 years now living in this special city and trust me when I say I have tried every known brunch place here but my favorite every time is Picnic. Great friendly service mouth watering food and if you don't try the Bloody Mary then you'll seriously miss out.

Visited June 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Friendly local feel”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I enquired by email about booking for a group of 13 and the lady I was in touch with, Tara, was really helpful and friendly right from the start, so a great first impression. She offered us an excellent value set dinner menu and was really flexible to our budget and requirements (e.g. vegetarian option.) On the night the service was excellent and everyone enjoyed the meal. The courses were all delicious and well sized. When we left the staff came outside to help flag down taxis. Great service indeed! There's a lovely local feeling atmosphere and it's on a nice street corner with a few tables outside too, which looked lovely when we walked past the next day. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Amazing atmosphere & good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Easy-going atmosphere, people sitting in the windows and having a drink while others enjoying a full dinner (=we). Great food! People passing by and saying hello to their friends. I felt like having a peek of how would I be spending my evening if I lived in Barcelona.

• Visited July 2013