“Nice Tapas”
Review of Restaurante Xaloc

Restaurante Xaloc
Reserve with
Restaurante Xaloc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #929 of 10,851 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We randomly found this place after walking down Las Ramblas and taking a side street to look around.

It was just after lunch so it wasn't to busy. We got seated straight away by a friendly waiter.

We ordered a selection of food and a glass of wine each. We were given a free starter which consisted of a bread rubbed with oil and tomatoes. That tasted great.

It didn't take to long for the food to arrive, and the steak and the tapas tasted great. The sausage looked like black pudding, but tasted different and was really tasty.

We could have eaten more tapas but it was a late lunch and we didn't want to fill ourselves up to much for dinner.

Overall, the food was good, and the prices were good too.

1  Thank pandamedic
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Good restaurant with an excellent wine list. We had the lamb shank after tapas appetizers - which worked well. Excellent meal in a nice space in the Gothic quarter of Barcelona.

2  Thank Gr8WhiteNorth440
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I flew all night and we were hungry for lunch. This looked like a good place as we walked around the flat we rented in Barcelona.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

We started with a couple of glasses of wine.

My wife ordered the quinoa salad that had an egg and onions on top. I am not sure what else as I don’t see it online but her report was positive.

I ordered the Cesar salad, meatballs, tomato bread (Pan de Cota) and Iberian ham croquettes. All were excellent.

We would return to Xaloc, it was a very good experience.

Clean, comfortable, reasonable, friendly, English speaking.

2  Thank TRAVELINGCWS
Reviewed May 31, 2018

During our 4 day visit to Barcelona, my mom and I went for lunch in Restaurante Xaloc when we passed this place while walking near the Gothic Quarter.

The food was excellent (we went for tapas) - seemed very healthy and the food was tasty and authentic. The staff were very helpful in advising on recommended dishes. The wine was also very nice.

I would recommend Restaurante Xaloc to tourists who would like to enjoy authentic tapas in a nice setting.

1  Thank WRKANDTRVL
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Stumbled onto this place aa we were trying to escape the commercial places of Las Ramblas. We only had tapas and wine but enjoyed the food, ambiance and service very much. A truly relaxing and satisfying stop. We will be back!

1  Thank EA G