“Good paella”
Review of Cal Pinxo Platja

Cal Pinxo Platja
Reserve with
Cal Pinxo Platja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,162 of 9,594 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good paella”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A very good paella alternative to a 90 minute projected wait across the way at Can Majo on a Sunday afternoon. Beautiful location on the beach. Very crowded, and so service was somewhat slow and confused.

• Visited May 2013

Barcelona
“The great view makes the food mediocre”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I returned here with guests after many years. I remember this place as one of the better paella restaurants. The terrace outside is just fantastic. Sitting in the middle of the city overlooking the water is a pretty unique experience.

What spoiled it for me was when I ordered a bottle of wine. I went down the whole list of white wines (all priced between 10 and 20 euros). None were in stock. I must have given the waiter 6 alternatives. I ended up with an acceptable wine, although it was neither the varietal I wanted nor was it the price I wanted to pay. I don't want to even entertain the thought that it was an elaborate ploy to up-sell??? Other than that, the waiters were efficient and friendly.

The buñuelos de bacalao were excellent. I have had better arroz de marisco y pescado. The sofrito was far too heavy on tomato, and generally it was sloppy. Definitely not the rice dishes that are made with care and attention. It tasted ok, but to me it was too mass-produced.

I can once again confirm that although the experience was not bad, this restaurant has los that edge. It has become another tourist trap selling a nice view and forgetting to keep an eye on the food.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“PAELLA FROM HEAVEN!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recommended by one of my tour guides, Cal Pinxo for paella is LEGENDARY in my book!! Fresh, hearty portions prepared al dente (as pasta SHOULD be) made this dining experience one of the BEST of my visit!! Don't kwow if I'll find anything as good in the states!!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank wldcatjaz
Pfaeffikon, Switzerland
“Excellent seafood and fideua”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We had berberechos, oysters, gambas, chipirones con judias as starters and then fideua de marisco as main course. For desert a chocolate cake. A good cava as drink.
Every single dish was excellent, as was the service. The restaurant location is simple, in a good location with sea view.
All in all an outstanding experience.
Will go back as soon as I can. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
yorkshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BAD STAFF ATTITUDE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed October 13, 2009

11 of us ate at cal pinxo restaurant, and I have to say it was the worst experience of customer service I have ever seen. When out food arrived we pointed out to the waiter that 3 of the meals were not what was ordered he just seemed to ignore us and walked away.

The steak was rare when a well done steak was ordered, and 2 salt fish were not the correct ones as there was a choice of 2 the correct one was with chickpeas. As everyone else in our party had almost finished the 3 people with the wrong orders started to eat their incorrect meals whilst the head of the party complained about the water ignoring us.

She was told that they would call the police as you pay for what you eat in Barcelona! As we were on holiday we decided we would just pay the bill and leave as we did not want to cause a scene. As we left the waitress tried to mimic the way one of the ladies in the party walked.

We were absolutely astouded by this behavour and wanted to let people know of our experience in this restaurant.

Take my advice although the food isn't bad the customer service leaves alot to be desired.

1 Thank chilipepper1966