“very good meal and lovely staff”
Review of La Locanda - CLOSED

La Locanda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Asi eran conocidos los antiguos restaurantes italianos que ofrecian alojamiento y comida a los viajeros en el pasado.La eleccion de este nombre es el fruto de nuestro deseo de conservar esta tradicion italiana. Precisamente por todo esto, hemos querido respetar la naturaleza y la calidad de nuestros productos, elaborarlos como se cocinaban antiguamente. Asi nuestros platos reflejan esta intencion y se cinen con la maxima fidelidad y respeto a la recetas originales para que nuestros clientes disfruten de ellos.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a very good meal at la locanda. There were 8 of us in the group and they found us a nice table by the window and the service throughout the meal was very attentive. Food was especially good and we planned to go back before we left to come home but the selection of different restaurants proved too much to ignore! We would definitely recommend.

1  Thank buggle77
There are newer reviews for La Locanda

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our two teenage children, have been in Spain for 2 weeks -- 1 week in Malaga and 1 week in Barcelona. I love Spanish food, but really missed a nice home cooked Italian meal. We finally found one here at La Laconda. We read the reviews on Trip advisor and google mapped it from our hotel on Las Ramblas. It was a quick walk. It is on a road just off of the piazza that has the Cathedral of Barcelona. Just look for the front of the cathedral and it is only a 2 minute walk slightly north-east of it. My husband and I shared the antipasto salad -- tomato and bocconcino. More than enough for 2 people. Our pizzas wee amazing as well. Our son had the penne arrabiate-- cooked al dente and amazing fresh tomato sauce. My daughter had the ravioli with spinach and ricotta with the oil and sage sauce. She found the sage too strong, but good. Please if you are looking for a great Italian meal, try this restaurant!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited in this restaurant twice during our stay in BCN. It is no bells and whistles but rather simply very good italian food. Pizzas are great, so was the steak. We enjoyed as well as our 2 kids :-)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This small Italian restaurant is just off Via Laietana, near the Cathedral. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. Portion sizes were good and the usual Italian fare was offered, with a wine list to match (the house red was a Sangiovese). Not in the "night to remember" category by any means but perfectly acceptable. On the downside, the menu had a confusing number of set meals for a minimum of two people and the piped music only a nonagernarian could have loved.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stumbled across this Italian gem quite by chance. In fact, the only parking I could find when I parked my scooter to visit Catedral De Barcelona was right outside La Laconda. When I returned after the visit, it was time for dinner, and I thought it looked and smelled good, so I went inside.
What a good choice! Fast, efficient and friendly service. Spotlessly clean. Wide, varied menu, better than many in Italy! Prices are reasonable, and the wood-fired pizza was simply delicious. I left really happy, but disappointed I could not try more dishes. Well, I fixed that by going back the next day! Perhaps even better.
I you are in Barcelona, and are tired of Tapas and Arroz, and feel like a little Italian, you can't go wrong here. It is down a side street off he plaza at the Catedral.