“BEST TAPAS IN SPAIN!”

Neighborhood: Eixample
Dover, United Kingdom
“BEST TAPAS IN SPAIN!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This tapas restaurant turned out to be as good as we had hoped. Delicious food and great service...a very memorable meal. This is more expensive than an average tapas bar, but well worth it.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Amazing Tapas”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent tapas bar in Xamira Corsega. Went there with a business colleague for a beer and we had some of the best patatas bravas I have tasted, properly spicy. Also excellent salt cod and fish croquettes. Nice friendly service and good atmosphere at affordable prices, whats not to like !!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paco Meral-go there! It's amazing!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have never written a review here before. I'm lucky that nowhere has been terrible enough to motivate me to warn others, but until last night nowhere had inspired me to share a wonderful experience either.
I went to Paco Meralgo last night, for New Year's Eve. My boyfriend and I both find New Year overrated and as such wanted some good food and a good atmosphere. Not knowing Barcelona, we had to rely on Internet reviews, and as such were apprehensive about how the night would go.
There was no need for the worry. The food was absolutely amazing. We had a selection of tapas, including the salt cod, razor clams, tuna onion and tomato salad, potatas bravas, baby squid in garlic to name but a few. Every dish was unbelievably delicious. I also treated myself to a couple of oysters, they too were sensational.
The beers were cold and tasty, the waiter was friendly and funny and the atmosphere was laid back and happy. Although not romantic in its setting it was exactly what we were after.
After eating and drinking continuously for an hour and a half, finishing off with a lovely espresso and the hazelnut ice cream, we predicted a bill in the region of €150 and were totally amazed by the value, when it was nearer €80. Worth every penny!
I am aware that this sounds over the top, but I can't recommend this place highly enough. We will definitely be going back for more, before heading back to London.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Natalie S
Barcelona, Spain
“Unbelievable rudeness”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had been to Paco Meralgo several times including one trip with a group of 8 where we spent more than 500 euros. The following trip with two co-workers in town for a meeting we were asked to either order more or leave after only 25 minutes at the bar. We had ordered and eaten and were thinking about what else to have when we were told the either we needed to order or leave. It was early and the restaurant was not even full on a week night. It was unbelievable rudeness which was extremely disappointing since all of my previous visits - probably 5 - had been very enjoyable experiences. A good place to eat just be sure you keep ordering so they don't kick you out.

• Visited August 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Fun and delicious”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great local restaurant. Fun atmosphere, delicious food and amazing service! Recommend to sit at the bar infront of the kitchen.

Visited November 2012