“Really good, follow waiters advices”

Restaurante La Estrella
Reserve with
Restaurante La Estrella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #389 of 10,019 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It maintains the promises. Fantastic food, the owner explains sincerely what s good and what is the day choice. Price acceprable service really excellent nice atmosphere

2  Thank neno67

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Located in quiet and not attractive street, just behind the railway station. We arrived there on 20:30, and for some time we were the only guests in the room, but after 9pm the place started to be busy, mostly with locals, looks like they really appreciate the place. The atmosphere in the room was informal and kind of family type. The owner and maître does not speak English but I could communicate with him in Italian; this helped a lot. For starters we took wild asparagus, with foie gras, very delicate and light, and carpaccio, pretty good. For the main dish, the chief recommended tuna fish, smoked and lightly grilled it was just fantastic, absolutely georgeous. Also veal steak, taken by my partner was great. For the dessert we took three kind of chocolate: black, white and milk, wow! it was really something. Clearly, our best culinary experience in Barcelona, hotly recommended

3  Thank jedrus7
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant with my family for lunch on the day of my birthday and it could not have been a better present! The food is of really good quality, fresh ingredients and everything prepared by owners of the place. We had starter, main and dessert, wine and cava and out of a party of 7 nobody complaint of feeling too full or still be hungry. The amount of food was just perfect. We also got served by the owner of the place and he shows his passion for food and make sure that the clientele is happy. Prices are very reasonable, definitely worth the visit!!

1  Thank Ifigenia Q
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I honestly thought that this place would be mega- busy given it's prominence on trip advisor. But instead we were the only 2 apart from one other party that arrived later.
I have to say that we had a very good meal accompanied by an excellent Rioja, my wife had a egg with truffles & mushrooms to start followed by the cod stuffed with scallop. I had carpaccio followed by the ox cheeks which was my second choice as they had run out of the duck.
It was exquisite food but the portions were on the small side with no accompanied vegetables for the main dishes.
however the main reason for not awarding 5 stars was because of the inability to communicate with the Head waiter or owner. He was a lovely charming bloke but he does not speah a word of English, which when yoy are eating in a place like this means a whole aspect of the experience we missed out on because of our inability to understand Spanish (or more likely Catalan). Obviously this is more our fault than the owners but I pray he learns how to speak English soon as lots of potential English custom er s are missing out.

4  Thank Greg E
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Checked this out because it was near our hotel and the menu and prices seemed good - but I'm so glad we found it. Don't be put off by the un-flashy exterior. For us this will be a destination restaurant which will make a trip back to Barcelona more likely. Had a thoroughly great meal on the Thursday night (when we'd turned up on the off-chance at 8.45 and got what looked like the last unreserved table - by the time we left the place was full of locals) so immediately booked to return on the Saturday night. So what made it so exceptional?
The menu, even though it's not that extensive, had plenty of choice - though I would say it's not that suited to children. The pricing is keen for food of this quality - three courses for two with bottle of wine, coffee, brandy etc came to under 100 euros. Food was excellent - on the Thursday, chick pea stew with a garlic foam as a starter was great, the cod in tomato sauce was as good as I've tasted any where and the puddings included some fantastic but intriguing chocolate confections. On the Saturday my starter of goat's cheese salad was what this dish should be - a great hunk of cheese expertly toasted with great leaves well-dressed, and the veal cutlet was wonderfully tender and again, expertly cooked. The wine, white on Thursday, red on the Saturday, were both excellent - trust the maitre d's recommendations! He really seems to love just helping you have the best meal you can and his English is more than adequate.
And that points to the real extra attraction of this place - the owner runs the front of house, while his lady heads the kitchen - but they run it expertly - service is prompt and welcoming and even with a full house on both nights the pace was just right. As I said before, on the Saturday night we seemed to be the only tourists in the middle of Barcelona people letting their hair down. A great experience - DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!

6  Thank meic_watkins