“Brilliant Family Eating Place!”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Reserve with
Hard Rock Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #450 of 10,117 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona blends the local ambience of Catalunya with our inspired, creative cuisine and celebrated music memorabilia. Located on the famous Las Ramblas promenade and next to the historic Catalunya Square, our restaurant brings world-famous service to the heart of historic Barcelona.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have bought the children (teenagers) here for the past two years and they love it. The food and service is great, and probably above expectation. The men all had the burgers and they loved them. I had the chicken salad and it was really great. Will certainly go back!

Eric S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona. Thank you for taking the time to place comments regarding your visit to our cafe on Trip Advisor and for commenting positively on the food quality and the service. We hope you come back for a 3rd year running. One of our big concerns is to offer an unforgettable experience in all the Hard Rock Cafe’s worldwide, because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Hard Rock Cafe proudly boasts over 76000 pieces of memorabilia in its collection consisting of by far the largest, most authentic and valuable collection in the world.

We are honored for being positively scored on your most recent visit to the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona. Please be assured that we take your feedback seriously and have already begun to use your comments to build a better experience for all of our guests.

At Hard Rock we strive to combine a casual dining environment, outstanding service and a fun atmosphere and I would like to take this time to renew our commitment of delivering for our guests authentic experiences that rock!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

even with so many rides to eat traditional foods in barcelona, you have to check this. hard rock is always a great place to stay, enjoy some drinks and eat great hamburgers. and the atmosphere of barcelona's spot is always nice.

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona. Thank you for taking the time to place comments regarding your visit to our cafe on Trip Advisor and for commenting positively on the drinks, hamburgers, and atmosphere of the cafe. One of our big concerns is to offer an unforgettable experience in all the Hard Rock Cafe’s worldwide, because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Huge portion. Portion of nachos definitely more than just starter. Ribs were fairly dropping off the bone and melting in your mouth. Chicken fajitas was so tender and still juicy. Waitress attentive and friendly.

Eric S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona. Thank you for taking the time to place comments regarding your visit to our cafe on Trip Advisor and for commenting positively on the food quality (especially the comment of the succulent ribs), and the service. One of our big concerns is to offer an unforgettable experience in all the Hard Rock Cafe’s worldwide, because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona is one of the bigger locations I have seen. Located at the top of Las Ramblas and right next to the metro, it is a really convenient location to access after some shopping!

Didn't have too long to wait for a table, approx 15mins which I think is reasonable for high season in August at a peak time (7pm). My only problem was were we were seated. we were seated opposite the bar on a high top table on bar stools, and the walkway between people sitting at the bar and where we were sat was too narrow and we constantly had waiters and passers by knocking into us. It wouldn't have bothered me too much, however, 2 mins after our cocktails arrived a waitress knocked into me as I was picking it up, and consequently, my bright pink alcohol fuelled cocktail ended up all over me, my parteners white shorts (he wasn't happy) and the group of friends sat on the other side of us (they definitely were not happy!!!).

This was incredibly embarrassing and although I got my cocktail replaced at no extra charge (thank god, as it was €15!) it didn't change the fact that everyone around me was covered in my drink, and the rest of the meal was spent feeling very awkward with an angry partner in front of me and angry locals next to me. So as a tip for your own benefit, I would highly avoid sitting up on the high tables opposite the bar! After all that, I didn't even like the taste of my cocktail!

Apart from that fiasco, the food was great, fish and chips and a chicken pasta salad went down well and our waiter (cannot remember his name) was so friendly and spoke such good english I didn't even know he was Spanish. The only thing that got a little weird was that I had hiccups and the waiter said he knew how to cure it, and proceeded to slowly move his hand towards my face and put his finger on my nose (which to be fair, scared me enough that the hiccups went). I thought it was hilarious, but the same cannot be said for my partner (men eh?!).

Overall, this trip to Hard Rock was probably the most memorable, probably for all the wrong reasons, but we did ultimately find ourselves laughing about it a few days later. The service was good, the food was perfect and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant was brilliant, just a little tense in my section haha!

3  Thank backpackingjetsetter

I would like to thank you for your interest in the Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona. Thank you for taking the time to place comments regarding your visit to our cafe on Trip Advisor and for commenting positively on the food quality, the service, and the atmosphere. I can only apologise once again for the drink spillage, but I hope the replacement went some way to appeasing the situation. One of our big concerns is to offer an unforgettable experience in all the Hard Rock Cafe’s worldwide, because customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Having not had a great visit to the Barcelona Hard Rock Cafe, I found myself sneding the following email to their customer care:

it is with regret that I find myself having to send an email to complain of the poor service I recently encountered at the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona on the 13th November 2013 at approxiamately 2030Hrs.

The allocation of a table in the restaurant in 20 minutes went ok, however trying to obtain a drink in the 20 minutes in the reception/bar area of the Cafe was a disaster, whilst there may have been only two personnel serving, one for the waiters/waitresses and one for the public at the bar, I felt totally ignored, especially when those arriving later, receiving attention and drinks before us!

At one point there was an additional 4 staff at the bar, and whether or not these were food waiters/waitresses surely in the sense of maintaining good customer services it would be pruduent to allow some of these the ability to serve or obtain drinks for the restaurant areas, thereby releasing the bar staff to serve the public at the bar.

It was only after being called for the table that we had any service, and this caused a delay in going to our table. Once shown to our table, we were given our menus in a polite manner, with our orders taken after approxiamately 10mins. I ordered Chicken Fajitas and my Partner ordered Steak(8oz) and Fries. These were served 15mins later, however whilst my Fajitas was warm the skillet certainly was not sizzling, though the chicken was still hot, my partners steak was tepid, it appeared that the food had been cooked but left to cool down! in hindsight I wished I had complained of the lack of heat.

The waiter took the food (Steak/Chips) away to be replaced, however no mention of mine being taken away was proffered, so I ate my meal alone, whilst my partner ate her meal alone, once it was brought out. I find this service appalling, and that both meals should have been taken away to be served hot together! A point you may wish to adopt in the future.

In addition to the Barcelona Bar, the restaurant downstairs have tables directly adjoing the large screen, at least three couples were shown to this table during our visit, with all having initially sat down asked to move after 5 minutes due to the distractiing lights from the projector shining on them and casting their shadows onto the wall! why do you sit people here when its obvious that people do not want to sit there! it spoils their enjoyment and that of any others who are watching the large screen?

In conclusion this has tainted any such future visit to a Hard Rock Cafe, whose prices are not inexpensive and removed it from being seen as a visit for a special occaision

Eric S, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to place your feedback regarding your visit to the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona on Trip Advisor. We received your email that was directed to our Customer Care department, and have since been in contact with you to try and resolve the issue.

Your participation is very valuable to us. Please be assured that we take your evaluation seriously and have already begun to use your feedback to build a better experience for all of our guests.

With kind regards,