“Highly disappointed about the long waiting time for a simply food order..”

Hotel Murmuri Barcelona
Ranked #63 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Because of the positive hype, the highly recommendations done by friends of mine, I have tried by the last Friday the bar at the ground floor.
Have to say that this is a really charming hotel,located in the heart of Barcelona with a lot of character...
Even more higher was my disappointment and frustration as I been waiting really long time to get served a simple food order,rice noodles as main and chilled strawberry as desert.
I would come back but just because of the friendly and helpful staff in the bar lounge which make my stay highly comfortable.
Can not get it in my minds how a high quality product can provide that bad service even though the order has been made out of the busy time, by aprox.11pm.
Hope deeply that you can work on it...

• Stayed: May 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,511)

Reviewed May 25, 2011

Staff here were friendly and helpful. Our package included a breakfast buffet which was excellent. Location is good, within a block or so of the Diagonal metro station. Easy access to the Ramblas but in a quiet location. The large tiled shower was amazing and a refreshing way end the day after a few hours of waking and wandering through the many sights of Barcelona. The dinner fare at the restaurant was good but not excellent. Nevertheless, I would recommend this hotel to those seeking luxury during their stay in this fascinating city.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AVeryLuckyMan
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Excellent boutique hotel located in the heart of everything that is Barcelona. Within a short walk of several great Gaudí sites, including La Pedrera and Sagrada Familia, and Plaça Catalunya. We also walked down to La Rambla, which was well worth the extra distance, though Rambla Catalunya was just as nice, and less busy. The hotel is very modern with a fantastic bar and restaurant (they also extend the bar out onto the Rambla in front, which is really nice for people watching). We were very impressed with the staff, and the service we received... they had taxis scheduled and waiting when we needed, and were helpful in every way. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor in the front
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank POSitiveBrett
mariacontreras, Director de Recepción at Hotel Murmuri Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

In the name of Hotel Murmuri we would like to thank you for your good reviews about our Hotel because they help us to improve and they show us we are working on the correct way.
We would be pleased to receive you again in case you decide to visit our city again in the future.

Kind regards,

Andrés Bañales
Hotel Murmuri

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Fantastically located boutique hotel in the midst of what Barcelona offers best - historical sites, cultural centers, restaurants and shopping. Along the Rambla de Catalunya in easy walking distance from everything that counts. Modern, very well-decorated, comfortable, clean and willing-to-help staff. Breakfast very good. Highly recommended

4  Thank MLAMJMB
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We just came from a great hotel in Madrid and yes the Murmuri topped even that.
The manager Maria made sure as did her staff that every detail was attended too.
We had the time of our life with the help of Roberto and the entire staff. Newspapers
to cream for our coffee and salt needed to fix our son and his roommate dinner, getting us what we couldn't find was a pleasure not an imposition. Our son was studying in
Barcelona and they thoughtfully suggested staying at the apt. that is part of the hotel
instead of our reserved room. How great was that, what a great place it was.
Thank you to all the staff for making our trip truly a great one.

Room Tip: apt. next door(Tivoli)
1  Thank cooks2
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel has an excellent location, staff, and price for what it offers. It was extremely comfortable stay with everyone at the hotel extremely helpful to my wife and I. The room was not large by any standards, but very comfortable with a spectacular balcony and view of the city. So close to everything I would def go back!

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I booked through an internet booking site. However, I contacted the hotel and kindly asked them that they give me a room on the Rambla instead of an upgrade. I did not get a room on the Rambla and I did not get an upgrade. However, since I've arrived at midnight, I did not want to push it. The room was very small but very nicely designed. The only design fault was the light beige or grey carpet, which attracted any stain possible. We had a pleasant balcony towards the back of the hotel, not a very nice view, but at least we were not staring into a wall. The windows were perfectly isolating the noise from the outside.

Now to the negatives: The King bed I asked for, were in fact two very narrow beds on wheels pushed together. They were constantly rolling away from each other. It was not very romantic... Also, when we arrived, I found the throw on the bed had a big stain and there was a long hair in the bath. The next day, everything was cleaned well.

I also had a very bad feeling of nickel&diming. The small bottle of water cost 4 EUR. There was no free internet access anywhere in the hotel and the paid one was 20 EUR per day. There were no coffee making facilities in the room and breakfast was ridiculously expensive - if I pay 1 EUR for coffee anywhere in Barcelona, why should I pay 8 EUR for it in the hotel?

I had mixed experience with the staff. I asked them to make reservations for me in 2 restaurants. They were not able to do it. The answers were "they are not open now, we will call them tomorrow... by the time we called them they were closed again" and "we know they are booked 3 months in advance but we called them and asked them to call us back if they have any cancellation, we just didn't tell you, sorry". When I asked them to make an on-line booking of tickets to Sagrada Familia, I had to show them how it's done, they were absolutely clueless. And then it took 10 minutes to get the printer to work. When we were leaving, we asked them to prepare the bill for us and went to breakfast. When we returned after 30 minutes, it took them another 20 minutes to prepare the bill. There were additional charges on the bill which we did not make.
Also, when we were comming and going, especially later at night, there was usually no-one to greet us or they did not bother to say hello.

On the other hand,, when I thought I lost 50 EUR in one of the restaurants, they did everything they could to find out what happened. Without any results again, but this time it was not their fault.

Despite the great location and the terrasses from the rooms, I would not reccommend this hotel and I would not stay in it again.

3  Thank sasicka