“Best of Barcelona!”

Ranked #47 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Los Angeles, California
“Best of Barcelona!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We just came from a great hotel in Madrid and yes the Murmuri topped even that.
The manager Maria made sure as did her staff that every detail was attended too.
We had the time of our life with the help of Roberto and the entire staff. Newspapers
to cream for our coffee and salt needed to fix our son and his roommate dinner, getting us what we couldn't find was a pleasure not an imposition. Our son was studying in
Barcelona and they thoughtfully suggested staying at the apt. that is part of the hotel
instead of our reserved room. How great was that, what a great place it was.
Thank you to all the staff for making our trip truly a great one.

Room Tip: apt. next door(Tivoli)
1 Thank cooks2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2011

This hotel has an excellent location, staff, and price for what it offers. It was extremely comfortable stay with everyone at the hotel extremely helpful to my wife and I. The room was not large by any standards, but very comfortable with a spectacular balcony and view of the city. So close to everything I would def go back!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I booked through an internet booking site. However, I contacted the hotel and kindly asked them that they give me a room on the Rambla instead of an upgrade. I did not get a room on the Rambla and I did not get an upgrade. However, since I've arrived at midnight, I did not want to push it. The room was very small but very nicely designed. The only design fault was the light beige or grey carpet, which attracted any stain possible. We had a pleasant balcony towards the back of the hotel, not a very nice view, but at least we were not staring into a wall. The windows were perfectly isolating the noise from the outside.

Now to the negatives: The King bed I asked for, were in fact two very narrow beds on wheels pushed together. They were constantly rolling away from each other. It was not very romantic... Also, when we arrived, I found the throw on the bed had a big stain and there was a long hair in the bath. The next day, everything was cleaned well.

I also had a very bad feeling of nickel&diming. The small bottle of water cost 4 EUR. There was no free internet access anywhere in the hotel and the paid one was 20 EUR per day. There were no coffee making facilities in the room and breakfast was ridiculously expensive - if I pay 1 EUR for coffee anywhere in Barcelona, why should I pay 8 EUR for it in the hotel?

I had mixed experience with the staff. I asked them to make reservations for me in 2 restaurants. They were not able to do it. The answers were "they are not open now, we will call them tomorrow... by the time we called them they were closed again" and "we know they are booked 3 months in advance but we called them and asked them to call us back if they have any cancellation, we just didn't tell you, sorry". When I asked them to make an on-line booking of tickets to Sagrada Familia, I had to show them how it's done, they were absolutely clueless. And then it took 10 minutes to get the printer to work. When we were leaving, we asked them to prepare the bill for us and went to breakfast. When we returned after 30 minutes, it took them another 20 minutes to prepare the bill. There were additional charges on the bill which we did not make.
Also, when we were comming and going, especially later at night, there was usually no-one to greet us or they did not bother to say hello.

On the other hand,, when I thought I lost 50 EUR in one of the restaurants, they did everything they could to find out what happened. Without any results again, but this time it was not their fault.

Despite the great location and the terrasses from the rooms, I would not reccommend this hotel and I would not stay in it again.

3 Thank sasicka
Warwick
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Booked through Expedia with flights by BA. It all went well until I had my wallet stolen in The Rambles. Please be aware, the pick pockets are about. Anyway, the hotel staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The room, on the front of the building, was a little noisy but you soon got used to it. We had an upgrade to a superior room and it was clean, well equipped and the bed was fantastic...really big and comfortable. If there is a criticism, there should be coffee making facilities in the rooms, it would make the mornings so much more enjoyable!
We used a lot of restaurants and coffee houses up and down the street but no one could beat the Murmuri for quality and temperature. I would definitely recommend this hotel, almost faultless!

• Stayed March 2011
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Murmuri is a delightful boutique hotel, decidedly upscale, and in a great neighborhood. On the Rambla Catalunya, it is only a block from the Gaudi Mila building and about 4 blocks from the Gaudi Battlo. We walked to Sagrada Familia, and all along Las Ramblas into the old section of Barcelona. But, Murmuri is in Eixample, where the streets are wide and buildings just gorgeous. The subway is half a block away, and the No. 24 bus (to Parc Guell) is only a block away, so the location is very convenient. We initially booked a smaller "design" room but upgraded to a superior room with a balcony overlooking La Rambla Catalunya for not a huge amount more. That was a real treat. The room was large enough, though not huge, but nicely appointed and furnished, with a very large extremely comfortable bed (2 twins together) with lots of comfortable pillows. We loved the balcony--great place to have a glass of wine and watch the strollers on La Rambla. The bathroom was huge, and very nice, with large tub with shower in it, towel heater, thick, large plush towels, robe, slippers, nice toiletries, and openable window. The flat screen gave us ready access to English-speaking news channels. We used the room safe which was very easy to operate (with English instructions.) Plenty of closet space. The staff was very courteous and solicitous-extremely helpful. We wanted ice-they brought it. A wine bottle open-they opened it. The glass elevator and sleek modern interior were neat features. The building itself is very attractive. We didn't use the bar or restaurant, as we ate in neighborhood places while out touring. But both looked inviting. The hotel was quiet, had turn-down service, and made one feel pampered and taken care of. I would highly recommend the Murmuri, and would absolutely stay there again if we return to Barcelona. It is a 4-star hotel, but is a very "high" 4-star and probably at least four-and-a-half. The room rates were certainly reasonable for what one got.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens, Ohio and Kaua'i
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Murmuri was a perfect spot to see the architectural beauty of Barcelona. A small boutique hotel, very stylish, nice room, though quite small as is the case in many European hotels, great bed and pillows. Excellent Thai-Catalan restaurant, I know it sounds weird but it was outstanding. Nice bar, great place to walk, right near the Passage de Gracia.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights this past weekend at Murmuri hotel, a boutique hotel with lots of character in a very convenient location in Barcelona. It offered me a delicate mix of privacy and personalization. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Very comfortable bed and well-chosen amenities. The restaurant and bar at the ground floor kept busy around the clock. The experience I got at this hotel exceeded my previous four stays at other 4 and 5 star hotels in the city. I cannot think of a single item of improvement besides the fact that there were no laundry bag in the room. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
mariacontreras, Director de Recepción at Hotel Murmuri Barcelona, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Murmuri for your stay in Barcelona.
We are proud of your good comments about our staff and our services and we would feel very proud if you to visit Murmuri again in the future.
Sorry to hear about the laundry bag, which are always placed inside the cupboard. Thank you for your comment about it because it will help us to improve.
Kind regards