“Watery paella... not good ”

Restaurante Pirineus
Ranked #1,110 of 11,177 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

Paella was watery and soggy. There was some sort of seafood ingredient but I am really not sure what it was. The sangria was good and the lady serving us was lovely but that was about all. Felt robbed paying €40 for something I make better at home

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 30, 2017

We had tapas and cava. Service was friendly and the food was good for the very reasonable price. There's better quality elsewhere but Pirineus won't break the bank. It's got a traditional feel.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017

I went there as i had issues to access my rental apartment. I popped in by chance as it was the first place on my way.
I did not eat, only used the bar but the service was amazing. All the family from the father in the kitchen to the mother at the bar and including the daughter are very friendly, smiling and welcoming. That includes everybody, even the bartender (unfortunately i do not have his name) I definitely recommend this place as i really had a lovely time. I even stayed couple hours later i was supposed to as i did not want to leave them. I will surely go back there on my next trip to Barcelona.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a lunch and were pleased by the service (much prompter than what we've experienced in Spain) and the food. The dishes were tasty as well as affordable. It was a busy place frequented by locals as well as tourists ( like ourselves). Ordering was made simple by a menu with many different languages, and although our server didn't speak English, there were no complications with our order. Overall it was a great experience, one I'd recommend to others.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick meal. Chose something simple - steak & chips and my wife got steak and salad. Came out fast and steak was rare (better than over cooked I guess) but just a couple of chips on the side and the salad had no dressing. Really basic, uncomplicated stuff. Decent for the price but don't expect to be wowed. Saw paella on someone else's table, looked small but won't judge that.

Date of visit: June 2017