“Decent”
Review of Indochine

Indochine
Ranked #2,685 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Eixample
Cardiff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant during my short vacation in Barcelona since I am a big fan of asian cuisine.

The first impression was very good, beautiful decor consisting of orchids, plants and fish ponds which the girlfriend loved

The menu is very typical in terms of prices of Asian restaurants, but I felt that the amount of food is very lacking. So I suggest going for the set menus to minimise overspending. The food itself isn't very authentic or amazing, but it is very unique. If you like to try new things then I would recommend this restaurant. It’s important to note that the variety is quite limited, so a warning for the vegetarians: the girlfriend is a vegetarian and she had very limited options.

I definitely enjoyed the unique experience, but I would not go there again if I visit Barcelona again. Finally, try to avoid eating next to kids who feed the fish; you will get water splashed on your face!

• Visited August 2013

“A Unique dining experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We dined as vegetarians and although there was not anything formal on the menu, we were well catered for. Dining inside a koi pond was definately a first for my family and I. Quite a unique Asian experience.

2 Thank Jasmeer R
Breda, The Netherlands
“Surprising!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We passed this restaurant a couple of times. The window is decorated with orchids, plants and looks like a forest. That was not very attractive for us. Finally we dared to try ... and we were surprised! A complete Asian garden inside with a huge pond with fishes. And the tables are in the pond. Of course you can sit dry, but you are surrounded with water and fishes. And the food is excellent. We choose the medium menu, so we were served about 10 little courses with very good and tastefull food. Good wines, very friendly staff. Perfect night!

• Visited April 2013
Barcelona
“One of the best Asian in Barcelona”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's really difficult to find authentic asian food in barcelona because the spanish don't like spicy food, so most tastes tend to get watered down or made more european.
At Indochine it's as authentic as you can get and coming here sends you to a little asian tranquil paradise.
I love the decor and the feel and think that the plates add a nice touch.
The only thing I would say against the place is that food is slow to come out. I have been here many times now and it's the same every time, so when you come here, best to enjoy, take your time and not be in a rush.
Try the deserts here, they are amazing!

• Visited February 2013
Madrid, Spain
“Good visual experience, not gastronomic”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This restaurant is spectacular. You will eat on a water full of fish. So, if want to impress your partner aesthetically, this is the place. But if you want you to enjoy the food, is not, because they have a very poor asiatic plates.

Visited May 2012