“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indochine

Indochine
Ranked #2,819 of 9,316 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Eixample
Paris, France
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

As I am a student, this restaurant is the only one where I went, knowing I would pay quite a lot. The atmosphere and the whole "scene" is just perfect: feeling like in the middle of the jungle/tropics with flowers, trees, a small "rivers", fish... Just perfect!
The food is really different: they mixed different ingredients, had different spices, and everything tasted very "sophisticated".
We took the lunch menu (30euros), and I do not regret, it was excellent.

• Visited July 2012

Barcelona
“The most beautiful restaurant in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I live here, and I think this is the most beautiful restaurant in Barcelona.
The food is also great. The menu is fixed (you can only chose among short, medium or large version) but all are good enough. The dishes are indochinian, tasty and good.
If you go, and you fill like being seated on the floor, ask for a "water table".

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SilBarcelona
Espoo, Finland
“A bit kitsch restaurant with ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

A friend recommended this place but unfortunately I maybe would't recommend this too much to anyone. I think it was a bit embarassing.

The first impression was that the place was great. It looked very nice. However, after spending more time there it started to feel a bit kitsch.

On Wednesday evening around 9-10 we seemed to be the only customers, maybe another in the huge restaurants other side.
Maybe due to this the service was too fast. Every single plate I had had my last bit and put my fork on the plate the waiter was in one second to remove my plate. TOO MUCH. One time like this would be ok, but it was like this after every 7 dishes.

The food was ok and tasteful. Every dish was different and had some interesting elements. Maybe even too many interesting elements.
Comparing the general level of food in BCN I think the food was not worth the money.

We were only given a menu with different selected menus with different amount of dishes. We got the feeling that there was another menu where you could choose your starter, main, etc, but we were not given this choise.

The decoration of the place was amazing and the fishes swimming just next to us made the experience interesting.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Esssi
London
“Amazing venue for a party with friends and colleagues”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

We went for Christmas dinner with about 24 people and they gave us the perfect area to sit in the middle of ponds with fishes, forest, and indonese style seating area. The staff took extremely well care of us with immaculate service (always staff around to serve, pick up plates, offer more drinks or whatever else we wanted) throughout the evening which is unusual in Spain. The dinner consisted of about 12 different dishes all brought out on different types of plates and served beautifully. I can highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a special evening with friends or colleagues!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Magicmange
Barcelona, Spain
“a trip to paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Amazing restaurant, its garden is something out of this world! The food is also delicately presented and through each and every dish is a discovery...
There are three menus, do not expect a lot of food unless you choose the bigger one... The food comes in tapa size, mainly meat. I requested by phone and again at the restaurant to have a meat free menu; my request was accepted and througly ignored.
We were three people, had the smaller and bigger menu between the three of us, no tea and only water and a beer each, and the bill came at 150 euros. Not a bargain but you obviously pay for the ambience and it is worth it.

• Visited July 2011