“From moskitos and mold!”

Pizzeria La Perla Negra
Ranked #6,492 of 9,933 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place came highly recommended by a co-worker so we decided to try it.

Staff: Our waiter was friendly and attentive, the other one though seemed to have a bad day. The owner was constantly roaming the place and eyeballing the waiters work yet didn't have any interaction with the guests.

Ambiente: the place is really a bit dated. From the table clothes, to the wallpaper ( red bricks), the plates ( the really had their best time in the 80's) to the cutlery which was totally worn.

Food: I had a margherita and my friend capriciosa. It wasn't the best pizza ever but a really good one for the both of us. The crust was crunchy, the mozzarella and the other ingredients seemed to be fresh.
The waiter brought two bottles of olive oil, one with basil the other with peppers. It tasted really great until i spotted a dead FLY!!! in one of the bottles. Waiter came, apologized, took the bottle and thats that.

Off to dessert. I ordered tiramisu and it came promptly BUT it had MOLD !!! On it. It was warm and runny and didnt seem to have been in a working fridge for a long time. Called the friendly waiter, he was embarrassed and he called the unfriendly one. He wasnt embarrased just tried to justify the poor state of my tiramisu but took it off the bill after i refused to eat it. No word of apology, yet he told the owner and he didnt even come over to say anything. Go figure.

When the bill came, there were two coupons for a drink. At least a free drink i thought, but when i wanted to order the drinks the unfriendly one just said it was meant for my next visit and he cant give me the drinks today. WHAT!?!

Thank you but no thank you, fat chance he is ever going to see me again!

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria La Perla Negra

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Ok some recent reviews have placed this restaurant in a bad light

My experience was pretty much what I expected for the price

The brochetta for entre was above average, service good and main course was average

I can see how it could rate poorly with bad service

My advice is quite often you get what you pay for and rarely are you supposed

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Absolutely terrible food! I would recommend to not even think about eat here...

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Went there in mid March for Lunch on a busy Sunday afternoon with family. Had pizza and Pasta , both real good, with reasonable portions and a good price around 40 euros total including a small bottle of Chianti. Unlike others we found the service to be excellent. Cook invited me over to check out the brick oven/ pizza making station.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We went one evening on the Easter weekend. There is a Subway take away a few doors down. Wish I had gone there. My wife and I both had pizza. They were disgusting. Tasted like mush with some sliced ham and leaks on top. The waiters either did not speak or were distinctly unfriendly. We could not wait to get out and did not leave a tip. I would say the waiters went out of their way to be unfriendly. I wondered if we were being filmed on some reality TV show it was that bad.. The decor was dated and it felt a little like an English restaurant in the 1970's. Do not go. You really need to read these comments and up your game - seriiously.
Stark contrast to the Montiel restaurant just round the corner, which was absolutely first class.Absolutely nothing good whatsoever to say about this place.