“Evening Meal”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just a few word Service - Excellent, Menu - Excellent, Location - Excellent, Decor - Excellent, Charge I would of paid another 100 euros. Thanx and will see you guys soon

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were on our first visit to Barcelona travelling as a couple
Previously recommended by a friend we headed to the Attic following a 2 hour open top bus ride ( excellent) needing warmth , food and drink we arrived about 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is upstairs near the top of las Ramblas, we were taken to a window seat which was a great place to people watch.
Service was businesslike , some staff were warm and friendly some staff (we bridged a shift change) were less so and more interested in selling us a second bottle of wine. Not normally a problem but the prices were high and the food although pleasant was not that good to encourage a extended stay.
In summary, it was ok ,great location, on the expensive side and there are many far better places to eat in the area

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Centrally located on La Rambla. Staff were great, made a fuss of the kids and got them colouring sheets and crayons. Service was swift and food was good. Only problem is that I'm pregnant and had to (reluctantly) ask for my steak very well done, it came rare (looked delicious but out of bounds right now, le sigh). I sent it back and it was swiftly incinerated for me as requested without quibbling. Nice place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

As we had just arrived in Barcelona and our hotel was adjacent we decided on the Attic on the basis of its recent reviews rather than its overall rating.
I ordered a dish from the appetiser menu, and the paella from the starter menu, clearly stating I wished it to be served as my main. My wife ordered a dish from the starter menu, and one from the main.
We realised our mistake when my appetiser arrived, but my wife's starter didn't. Having experienced this before in more remote regions, not in a cosmopolitan city, in order to pre-empt a repeat I reminded the waiter that I expected my starter to be served at the same time as my wife's main. But no, my main arrived at the same time as my wife's starter. When I complained the waiter was most apologetic and removed my dish and re-served it with my wife's main.
During all this, the quality of the food became immaterial.
My appetiser was no more than that. My wife's starter was not to her taste, but I enjoyed it. Her duck was so tough it was inedible. My paella might have been OK if served hot.
All in all not a great success.
But strangely, despite the shambles (it was Valentines day and the kitchen was perhaps a bit over stretched), we had a nice enough evening, largely because the waiting staff were friendly and as helpful as they could be in the circumstances.
But we wouldn't go back, nor would we recommend it.
The Attic is 1126 out of 4027 for a reason. And in my view that reason is simply inconsistency.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Came here last year and really loved our meal, so much so that we returned this year but left feeling rather let down.
Got a window seat, which was lovely, the restaurant itself is lovely and gives great views on to las ramblas to watch the world go by.

The menu doesnt have a massive selection.
My main course came out and was lacking taste and wasn't overly hot. After such a delicious meal last time, I was very let down with the lack of flavour on the plate.
Cost was good and the food looked attractive on the plate.

Sadly I dont think Id go back but may just have been a bad day!