“A lot!!”
Review of La Tagliatella

La Tagliatella
Reserve with
La Tagliatella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #784 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“A lot!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you're really hungry, this is the place to be. But I warn you... You get a lot! But it's good. The second time we ate here we didn't order soup, salad, or bread, we had enough to eat with only the main course.
The staff is efficient and not very chatty. I don't think the can talk English very well. But they're friendly. The lights in the restaurant are very bright so although the entourage looks really nice, it doesn't get very cosy. The three time we ate here during our holiday, we saw a lot of locals (big families) eat here as well, so that's a good sign.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint-Petersburg
“Terrible aftertaste of food poisining”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Avoid this place, seriously, especially if you’re with children.
We visited this place in the evening of January the 3rd 2013, a company of 4 adults – my parents, me and my husband. The first thing that alarms your right at the entrance is the smell of burnt food in the air. I’m still thinking that it did startle me right away and we should have gone to some other place but it was late and we were tired and the restaurant we came there looking for turned out to be closed that day, so anyhow we stayed for dinner.
The restaurant claims to be Italian but the only Italian thing in there is the name of the place and the size of portions. The salads our men ordered were weird and one of them didn’t have a dressing somehow, pasta me and my mother ordered was seriously overdone and was practically falling apart, meat ordered to be cooked medium was obviously cooked rare. So overall food quality is very poor for the price.
But that was only the beginning of our troubles as in about 5 or 6 hours after we left the place both our men started to have symptoms of food poisoning which turned out to be probably the worst food poisoning in life both of them remember. To say the least we were thankful that our hotel room had two bathrooms as our men didn’t leave those rooms for the next hours of the night and in the morning as well. We were almost sure we would have to call a doctor because symptoms were so bad but thankfully we found a very helpful pharmacy nearby where were very well consulted and given all the necessary medicaments to help from food poisoning. With the help of medication we were finally able to stop the vomiting and all the rest but of course our husbands were weakened by all of this and their temperature raise too. The next day they were both rather OK but we will never forget those 30 hours of torture.
We think that it was most likely meat that caused this poisoning as this was the only thing they both ate and me and my mom didn’t have even a taste of.
So please for your own safety avoid this place and opt for other restaurants of Barcelona which there are plenty of as I’m telling you, temperature of 38,5 C is not a nice aftertaste at all.

• Visited January 2013
Seinajoki, Finland
“Tasteful with good price”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Perhaps it is not the best idea to seek an Italian restaurant in Barcelona, but La Tagilatella is a good choice if you however would like to eat pasta or pizza. Their interior is attractive, looks like typical Italian restaurants, they offer very tasteful good with a reasonable price. That is a good combination.

We were there on a Saturday night, and the place was full, about 90 people; however service was fast and friendly.

Starters as Tominata costs about 10€, risotto costs about 15€, pasta 14-15€, pizza 13-14€. Italian wine, it is not my favourite and also at that time I was somewhat disappointed. Wine between 10-15€ / bottle.

In sum: La Tagliatella is a very good choice.

• Visited November 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Good price quality”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Aldente italian pasta, thin pizzas and very big helpings.quite loud because many children. But good italian food.

Visited December 2012
Brisbane
“8.30pm and we were the only diners - not a good sign...”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I offer you a mixed bag today.

Things we liked:

1). The taglietella breads which were less than €3 and really tasty.
2). The service was fast and friendly.
3). The English menus to help us distinguish the cebolla from the calabacin.

Things that could have made the experience better for us:

1). There was little atmosphere as it is a large restaurant and we were the only diners. Don't get me wrong, the company of my companion was sublime, the cheesy music and tumbleweed didn't add to the occasion.

2). The portions are very, very generous making it feel like canteen food instead of something a bit more refined.

3). The food - as others have mentioned - is very salty leading you to spend half as much on drink as on your meal.

4). Food came out too quickly - can't believe that is a complaint - but it gave the distinct impression of intensively pre-prepared menus over fresh preparation.

5). Despite being the only customers, the food was served just warm and not piping hot as one might expect.

This was our experience and we decided to go after reading the existing reviews. We were hoping that ours would be positive in nature as is the majority of existing feedback but it didn't live up to expectations and consequently we feel as though the near €40 we spent on bread, 2 pasta dishes and 3 drinks was wasted.

Would not recommend.