“Best food we had in Barcelona”
Review of Sol i LLuna

Sol i LLuna
Ranked #2,423 of 10,014 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gracia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident and were pleasantly surprised. Second to last day of fiesta de Gracia, we were attracted by the vegetarian offerings on the tapas menu and were thrilled to find a quiet, air-conditioned, stress-free retreat from the craziness outside. Maybe not where you'd go for the "authentic Catalan" food experience, but what we had was excellent. Foie, guacamole, cheese plate and some very nice gazpacho with chorizo from Leon, my favorite kind.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

A friend located in Barcelona took me and my wife there and the experience was amazing: one of the best confit de canard (duck) i ever tasted. Good white wine, cozy atmosphere, a very friendly owner. Also located in wonderful Gràcia neighbourhood and with a grand finale: excellent profiteroles for dessert and the delicious coffee with bailey's mixed altogether. Quoting philosopher Arnold, "I'll be back!".

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just had dinner there and we were not so amused. My friend's dish tasted strange and she felt sick right after. I struggle with a strange aftertaste in my mouth and my stomach with the oil they overused.
If you want to drink a glass of wine in an nice ambiance, you might be at the right place, but you find better places to eat.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was the first meal we at in Barcelona. We found this place accidentally when wandering around and checking out the neighbourhood near our apartment. We ordered the goat cheese as a tapa and Caprese salad and a rice dish as our mains, as well as white wine and beer. Everything was fantastic.

The atmosphere was nice, it wasn't too loud, the seat was comfy. Service was fast and polite.

1  Thank Gummydani
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our favorite place among the less expensive restaurants of Barcelona. French cuisine with a Spanish touch. About everything is excellent.
Here, being served by the manager / owner makes a bid difference in terms of service and quality of the experience. He wants to offer the best he could and if you are able to repeat the circumstances we were, it does make a difference with the amount you pay on the invoice. I tell him: you forgot one drink on my invoice. He says: It is on the house! If this happens to you, add the price amount to your tip. He deserves it!