“TOTAL DECEPTION”
Review of CLASSIC GOTIC - CLOSED

CLASSIC GOTIC
Cuisines: Contemporary
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Very disappointing... We booked this place for a huge birthday party, everything was planified with the bartender. We found the bar closed the night of the birthday. Not even a call to inform. Those people are not trustworthy. And they've just lost 20 new customers. I'm not even surprised that this place is always empty... so disrespectful... I do not recommend this at all!!

Reviewed May 24, 2009

We booked this place for dinner because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We couldn't believe it was the right place when we got there!! This place stinks of cigarette smoke and old food, and our feet stuck to the tacky floor covering. The thought of actually EATING there was too much for us and we made our excuses and walked out. We found a nice little restaurant around the corner -called SENSI where we had a lovely meal. Would not send our worst enemy to Classic Gotic.

Reviewed May 22, 2009

This restaurant is in my view overrated. The food is good but not more than that. They have a very limited selection of wines. Good service and fairly low prices.

Reviewed April 21, 2009

Along with 15 others we celebrated our silver wedding anniversary at the Classic Gotic and I really don't know where to begin with my praise, we couldn't have hoped for a better meal. The absolutely first class food, (we had the 8 course taster menu) the intimacy of the private dining room and the attitude of the friendly, keen to please staff combined to give us a night we'll never forget.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a table there again.

1  Thank Shaznpete
Reviewed April 20, 2009

For a restaurant to cope with a party of 17 diners all at once and to produce such superb food with such fantastic service is wonderful.

This is undoubtedly the best restaurant I have used in Cataluña except the Michelin starred places like El Bulli El Celler de can Roca etc.

Highly recommended