“Great Cuisine - Very small plates”
Review of Pla Restaurant

Pla Restaurant
Ranked #531 of 11,403 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Congres i els Indians
Description: Pla is a Contemporary Catalan Cuisine Restaurant made with local and seasonal products but also being influenced from other cultures, offering meat, fish & vegetarian options. We are located behind the City Hall in the heart of Gothic Quarter in Barcelona.
Reviewed July 24, 2016

This is the second time we visited the restauran. First visit was in 2015 and we remembered having a very excellent dinner.

This time around the quality of the menu was again very good. We had the Mackerel for starter, and 65C egg with mushrooms, and for main the Seaweed and prawn risoto, and the Iberian pork.

Taste wise they were very good. Portion wise they were very small. We know it is typical in gourmet restaurants that the portions are relatively small. Maybe we were more hunrgy that we were last time we visited.

Anyway if you are looking for a gourmet experience in Barcelona, you should definetely try this place - just have a Pinxto on the way there before :)

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Really good restaurant with good service.

Offer nice variety of gluten free dishes. More on the expensive side but great atmosphere and in really nice area (gothic area).

The wine list was also extensive and their recommendations was good.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

I've visited Pla restaurant many times over the years. I came back again this March and again it didn't disappoint!

The food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection and the service was superb and I felt like a Queen being looked after by the staff especially as a lone female traveller.

At the end of the meal the restaurant brought me a complimentary sweet...unfortunately it had nuts in it, so I advised of my allergies and in an instant they brought me a delicious marshmallow alternative and bent over backwards to accommodate my needs...

I highly recommend you visit Pla restaurant during to trip to Barcelona. It is within 10 minutes walk of Jaume metro station.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Every dish was wonderful, from the amuse bouche to the dessert. Would recommend for a special meal with inventive taste combinations - it was bit pricey, but worth it for a very special experience.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Pla was recommended to me by Barcelona Cooking (great cooking class I took!). I thought I would check it out as it was close to where the cooking class was hosted on La Rambla. I was so happy I did! I was treated to excellent and attentive service alongside some incredible food. The ingredients were fresh, beautifully ripened, and local with a bit of a rustic flare. I had the garden green salad with tomato and the greens were unlike anything I've ever tasted (I was so taken with them I asked my server to write down the names of all the ingredients so I could try to find them back home! After a quick Google search, I am likely out of luck--the ingredients are locally grown and quite unique it seems!) I also had the seasonal vegetables with barley, and it was hearty and very satisfying. The atmosphere was sophisticated but accessible, warm and inviting. My favourite meal so far after a week in Barcelona!