“Over priced, average food”

Thai Barcelona Royal Cuisine Restaurant
Reserve with
Thai Barcelona Royal Cuisine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #682 of 10,092 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: In September 1998 Thai Gardens Barcelona opens its doors for the first time. At the time the city lacked thai cuisine restaurants. Opening our doors to the public every single day throughout these past sixteen years, we have seen how the offer of Asian cuisine was growing in Barcelona and how, at the same time, our role as Royal Thai Cuisine ambassadors was being consolidated. Our restaurant is the result of the efforts of a great team that day after day transform any meal in a pleasant moment in the ancient kingdom of Siam.
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant with a huge craving for thai food, expecting to have a great meal. The food was very average, the green curry seemed to be missing some of the key ingredients that give its typical flavour - it was bland. The price is too high for the quality of the food - I paid €30 for water, starter, curry and rice. I went to another thai restaurant a few nights later and got better food for almost half the price.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a very stylish, large restaurant whose clients were a mixture of tourists and wealthy Spanish patrons. We had the set lunch menu which was an absolute bargain at under 16 euros per person, for a starter, a main course, a scoop of ice cream and a large glass of wine. The chicken satay and vegetable spring rolls were delicious, as were the vegetable red curry, the fish and chicken dishes we ate. The portion size was just right for lunch time, as we saw from those who ordered a la carte how big those meals were. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate the “degustation menu”. The speed the entrance came after we ordered was surprisingly fast. The dish must have been pre-prepared. Hindsight all dished seemed pre-prepared, this is not cooking. The food seemed to come like out of a box you can buy in the supermarket, plastic food. Just some entrances which were thrown into the fryer. It was totally dry, tasteless and greasy. Then we got the main dish, which was even worse, again was the food below any quality … not even worth commenting. We quickly paid and went off not to come back ever again. Through, the interior is nice, but we did not go there for viewing the interior, we went there for the food. I find it scandalous that this restaurant has the nerve to give this low grade quality food, one goes out to eat, paid, and do not expect to be sick all night due to the fact one ate infested food. In my modest opinion it would not be a luxury if a health inspection would make a visit here. No wonder this restaurant is nearly empty and staff is running around very unhappy and unfriendly. This is totally not the representation of Royal Thai cuisine. All the signs were there but I did not pay attention; unfriendly staff, greasy interior and an nearly empty restaurant when entering, and this on a Tuesday evening in Barcelona when most of the restaurants in town are packed with tourists, and some do even do 2 evening shifts. I should have known and I should have consulted more thoroughly the Tripadvisor reviews before I entered in this place as from these reviews one can learn a lot... I wrote above review the day after, with still a heavy and upset stomach...

3  Thank D187497
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Slightly above average in terms of price, but fully worthwhile for the service, food and experience. This is a 5- star restuarant with 4 star prices. Reserve a table and ask to be seated in the main room ( the side room is usually kept for people without a reservation and isn´t as spectacular. The food is amamzing, I´ve been three times and would recommend the beef massaman curry or the sliced duck curry. Lunch menu is approx 15 euro as is also nice, but the place has a much warmer ambience on a weekend night. Not many restuarants in Barcelona insist that you dress nicely (it´s a very casual city), as this place is no different, but I would recommend you scrub up, because everyone there will be too. 5 stars - excellent!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I enjoy a lot asian food in general with some exceptions, and I have to say that until now, no other Thai restaurant of Barcelona is able to prepare better food than this one. Every dish is very authentic and tasty, the attention is very good and friendly and the place is very well decorated.
It is not a very cheap place so it's hard to go often to it because of that, but they also offer a menu with some choices for a good price, however you will be eager to try all the dishes not included in this menu.