“We enjoyed our stay at the Paso Doble.”

DestinationBCN Apartments & Rooms
Ranked #78 of 738 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We just concluded our vacation in Barcelona Spain. Our stay at the Paso Doble _ DestinationBCN is a part of the highlights. The place is very spacious, very clean and convenient to the center. I definitely recommend this place if you want a place to relax after a day of sightseeing and wondering around Barcelona.

Miklos was very helpful in showing us how to use the appliances and gave us very good recommendations on how to go about seeing the city.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed at the Paso Doble apartment with my children at the end of June and it was, in a word; FANTASTIC. The apartment was minimalist chic: very clean and aesthetic with exceptionally comfortable beds and top of the line appliances. We were very comfortable there and the apartment was in an ideal location within easy walking distance of most places we visited.

This is truly the best apartment I have ever rented for vacation purposes and I reccommend it highly. Anne was very responsiveand accomodating throught the reservation process and Patricia was very helpful upon our arrival-- she brought us delicious fresh apricots and gave us a wonderful insider's insight into Barcelona which we very much appreciated.

The apartment is a perfect option for a family as the hotels rooms in Barcelona are small, expensive and generally do not allow for a group of 4 people. We would have to have taken two hotel rooms for probably more than twice what we paid for this fantastic, spacious apartment. It was not inexpensive, but given the alternative it was a great deal.

When I return to Barcelona I will surely rent an apartment from these guys. It really doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank globetrottermom
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at the apartment "Riva". The apartment is really magnificent: A perfect mix between design and the romantic element. Anne, the (Dutch) contact, was very friendly. She helped me create an extra romantic athomosfere (candles, roses, bottle of cava, strawberry). The apartment is on the first floor, but because the bedroom is at the back, you don't have any noice of the street. The only noice you have sometimes is the subway passing under or neerby the building (shaking it up), but it's not disturbing. The budget was very good, but keep in mind that all special requests (late check-in, payement with visa) costs extra. We had the luck that the apartment wasn't rented for the next night, and that Anne offered us to have a late check-out without extra budget. The free wireless is also a real advantage.

I can recommend this apartment to everybody, and Anne can be sure that she'll see us back the next time we go to Barcelona!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Important Update:

For those considering future bookings with DestinationBCN, previous disturbances caused by vibrations from the metro near our Universitat apartments have now been resolved. Barcelona transport service TMB has completed maintenance work to resolve this issue and we are no longer experiencing this problem.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies to prior guests that may have been affected by this.

DestinationBCN value the stay of our guests and will continue to ensure that they have an enjoyable experience whilst staying in our apartment suites.

Kind Regards,
Anne - DestinationBCN

Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed in the Ghost apartment in June and had a spectacular experience. We will go back to this apartment any time we can return to Barcelona! We were met by Paticia who was extremely friendly and helpful. She made several recommendations for siteseeing and for special restaurants and every single one was excellent. The apartment was spotlessly clean and had every amenity which we desired. The decor was lovely and the apartment was very comfortable and quiet. We felt very safe, even when we walked home after a late night dinner! The location is quite near all the action at the top of Las Ramblas and yet was very quiet. You cannot go wrong if you decide to stay here. It's just great!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank scansf
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the gorgeous Finn apartment in May. Everything from start to finish was perfect with the place. We were even greeted at the street when we arrived!

The apartment's well stocked throughout. It's in a perfect location; about 2 blocks from Placa Catalunya, which you can see from the apartment. Once you closed the windows it was nearly silent - no traffic noise to worry about, unless an FC Barcelona game is on, then it's pretty much anarchy in the streets, lol! Comfy furniture, LCD TV & Stereo, and other very modern touches contrasting the historic feel of the building.

The only complaint I can think of was that the Wi-Fi signal could've been a little stronger. Really, that's it.

If you're going, I highly recommend the food at Cinc Sentits (modern high-end tasting menu - reserve well in advance) and Los Caracoles (old-school tapas, paella, and sangria just off Las Ramblas) restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marklar2000
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Hi

Stayed these apartments (Ghost ) found it just ok
service needs work
Spanish staff need training as they are very abrupt and unhelpful
they need to smile a little

I think if they sort the staff out it may be a good place to stay

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank eddieliverpool
AnneBarcelona, Owner at DestinationBCN Apartments & Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just noticed your review today June 12. In your message you state you have stayed with us during the month of June of 2009. Unfortunately I cannot find any data of anyone staying with us from Liverpool. We haven't received any business travelers in the Ghost apartment during the first 2 weeks of June either.

If there is one thing we value highly it is our relation with our guests as I think one can verify by reading the previous reviews on this and other websites.

Patricia, who is one of the 3 persons working with us, is the only Catalan/Spanish person in our group and I can assure you she is most highly valued not only by us but by our guests as well.
The rest of our staff is not Spanish (Miklós is from Suriname and I am from Amsterdam, The Netherlands).
We keep a very close track on feedback and guest comments and unfortunately I cannot find anything remotely related to an incident that might have caused you to post your comments on this site.

If I am mistaken for not having been able to verify your stay with us and it proves to be the contrary, please accept my sincerest apologies,

Anne
DestinationBCN

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Successful planning of this vacation started with DestinationBCN. My family is from Barcelona and I've been visiting for 35 years. This was my 1st trip with our children (7 & 4 years old). So, ALL the family, from different towns, wanted to see them, and we wanted to do some sightseeing. We stayed at the Paso Doble, during "Holy Week". So there was a lot to accomplish and a lot to carry in our luggage for a 10 day trip. This place was central to all our necessary transportation, and no need to deal with cars and car seats. The metro, buses & Bus Turistic were all outside our door. We could be truly independent and not impose on family. We felt safe on all aspects, safer than home! :) Miklos, Anne, & Patricia were charming and extremely helpful with anything we needed. As stated in other reviews, their recommendations were fantastic. They even made the trip going home easy, by reserving a taxi for us, reliable and friendly. The washing machine & dryer were invaluable, as was the A/C, kitchen, & bathroom, . All 4 of us slept well and felt "at home". I even loved their blow dryer better than the one I brought from home. My family was amazed at this place and the comforts we had. It was spotless, and a beautiful place to be. Having breakfast in the apt. before heading out was comfortable, efficient & economical. My list of the wonderful details that were provided would be too long. The details were practical, well worth it all on a vacation. We had easy access to groceries @ El Corte Ingles, or light food at "El Raco", right next to the building. Cozy while being in the heart of it all. It really was the best situation we could have asked for. The elevator was charming too! I love Barcelona, and my kids want to move there now. They really enjoyed their trip and soaked up all the family AND sightseeing. My husband & I could not have been happier. If this place impressed our two little ones, it will impress you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family