I just finished spending a week in "Ghost" with a dear friend and we could not have been happier.
Service: I booked this with Anne/Camilla/Miklos way back in the winter and they were always very prompt and helpful with the logistics. So, off the bat, you feel taken care of! Since their office is downstairs, I always knew I could find one of them if needed. They were kind enough to print our boarding passes and schedule a taxi for my airport return too! So "A+" for service!
Location: you cannot beat the location of all the apartments on the Ronda Universitat! Placa Catalunya is a few blocks away and it is a main hub for the tourist hop on/hop off buses, right at the top of Las Ramblas, next to the Passeig de Gracia, and adjacent to the Gothic quarter !! It couldn't BE more centrally located! So, A+ for location!
The apartment itself: Ghost has a lovely feel to it and it is EXACTLY like the photos ! Anne and Miklos have outdone themselves with the furnishings and the quality of everything is top notch: Bosch appliances, great beds,plenty of super fluffy towels, WiFi, a portable phone, dishes, pans....You name it, they have thought of it and provided it! They had left a little welcome Cava, cookies, water, a directory of favorite restaurants, laundry detergent, coffee, tea... I Mean EVERYTHING you need! Barcelona is a "happening" city with lots of activity, people on the streets, lots to do and look at, but once you enter the apartment, you are in this beautifully serene environment. We often went out for a few hours, came back to recharge, and then went back out again! It is like an oasis in the midst of a bustling City. So, A+ for Ghost!
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the apartment, the owners or the location. If you choose any one of their apartments in this location, you will be pleased, I am positive! Their other apartments are elsewhere (not sure of locations) and I am sure that they are equally as lovely. But I chose this one for its proximity to the "action", yet also for the peaceful ambiance depicted in the photos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DestinationBCN apartments offer both short and long-term boutique accommodation in the neighborhoods of Eixample, Barri Gotic and Borne - the buzzing heart of Barcelona, Spain. The apartments are uniquely furnished with sleek, contemporary furniture and handpicked items and provide a luxurious alternative to hotels in the city. From private roof terraces to refreshing plunge pools and a well-stocked kitchen, each is a private sanctuary and a home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your DestinationBCN Apartment & Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Destinationbcn Apartment Hotel Barcelona
- DestinationBCN Apartment & Rooms Barcelona, Catalonia