“Excellent Apartment Rental- Paso Doble.”

DestinationBCN Apartments & Rooms
Ranked #75 of 738 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everything from booking this apartment to staying in the apartment was absolutely perfect. Anne was incredible and was very attentive throughout. The apartment looked exactly like the pictures on the website. It was a bit noisy-- but we understood b/c the apartment overlooks a busy street in a big city. We're from Los Angeles, so we're used to it. With that said, the location is excellent for walking to most of the cool parts of the city and meeting up with your selected tours. The apartment had WiFi, so we never felt out of touch and could continue to do business during our stay. I would definitely stay with DestinationBDN again on my next trip to Barcelona.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J J

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Last week, my husband and I stayed at the Finn Apartment in Barcelona. Without a doubt, it was an outstanding place to stay - incredibly clean, well appointed, fantastic location, and exceptional service. From the time we arrived from our overseas flight to be met by staff, to when we were picked up by taxi (pre-arranged by DestinationBCN) to return home, our stay at the Finn apartment could not have been better. I highly recommend this apartment and this company to any discerning traveller. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have travelled extensively and spend many hours looking for the perfect apartment. My standards are exacting. I want a perfectly clean, contemporary, private apartment with the "hotel" experience. For example, I don't like staying in someone's actual home-- even if it is clean I always have the feeling that you are in someone's place and I never quite settle in.

During my travel searches, I stumbled upon DestinationBCN. I stayed in two apartments at the end of July 2012. The first was apartment Walden and the second was the apartment Principal. Both were stunning and the service was hands down the best private suite rental I have ever had in my life. This includes travels in Indonesia, Italy, Spain generally, France, the US, Canada, Africa and Australia.

While it is difficult to name everything, here are some examples of why this company is stellar:

1. The apartments are beautiful, gorgeously decorated and pristinely clean. Someone with a keen eye designed the apartments and it is probably the owner Anne. Even the glassware is top quality. Towels, linens, vases... everything is perfect.

2. The employees and owners care: I was assisted with Anne and Patricia during my stay. They are both kind, completely responsive and available to answer any questions and assist. The service could not have been better.

3. The location of the apartments and likely all the DestinationBCN apartments is terrific. If there is a particular area where you want to be, they probably have an apartment that will suit.

4. The internet works.

5. There are great touches like a book with restaurant recommendations and all kinds of insider information. They clearly took time to put together this information and in the end you get a true boutique hotel experience.

6. Again-- the apartments are perfect! If you can make the apartment Principal work, you won't be disappointed. It was the most glorious place I have ever stayed and I almost risked not seeing Barcelona because I would have happily stayed in the apartment the entire time.

Room Tip: I would spend some time figuring out where in the city you want to be and then choose an apartment b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank andinoel
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Principal Apartment last month and thoroughly enjoyed it that we extended one more night (we actually wanted to extend 2 more nights but someone else was checking in!).

Check-in was flawless -- we drove from the airport and it wasn't hard to find at all. Parking structure was very close too. From the moment we walked in, we were mesmerized and in awe. The apartment was beautiful, airy, spotless, impeccably and beautifully designed, and equipped with so many thoughtful amenities. The reception even helped us with our luggage. We immediately felt at home.

El Corte Ingles is only a couple blocks away, where in the basement they have Club Gourmet for really nice jamon, cheese, you name it. The apartment itself is in Eixample, which is a very nice area with many cute bakeries serving delicious pastries for breakfast. It is walking distance to Passeig de Gracia where the luxury shopping is and also many boutiques, Las Ramblas, etc -- it is SO strategic we were very grateful of it.

The back patio had a funky view of the other apartment buildings around it, but the designer is SO good that you still feel that it's a slice of heaven lounging outdoors in the patio. The bed, the tub, the shower were all amazing. We especially love our big tub in the middle of the master bedroom.

We highly recommend staying at Principal! You will truly love it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

we have just spent five days in Barcelona staying at the Ghost Apartment and we had a wonderful time.
The apartment is very well located - very central and is a two bedroom , two bathroom large apartment that looks into a rear courtyard and is thus very quiet.
It is extremely well equipped with all facilities including oven, fridge, washing machine / dryer combo, safe, hi-fi, wifi, TV (note the washer / dryer struggles to get clothes dry but there is a drying stand).
The contact person - Anne - is very helpful and she met us on arrival and showed us to the apartment.
It is on the 3rd floor and is very secure.
access is via stairs or the small lift in the building which is very historic!
there are very good restaurants nearby and the metro is also nearby.
we have a great stay made even better by this beautiful apartment and we will stay there again when next in BCN

Room Tip: this apartment is very good - quiet, centrally located and works well
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

A wonderful, clean and well-appointed apartment on the second floor of this central and bustling city location. Lovely character building from the two man elevator which glides you up to your floor to the marvelous interior spaces where the heritage of the building has been kept and juxtaposed with the modern fixtures.
The apartment is close to major shopping centers and small boutiques, bakeries, chafes and bars.
A convenient bike rack is within site of the front rooms sidewalk view in case you are renting bicycles, which I highly reccomend,
The bathroom is well-appointed with modern Duravit appliances and Grohe fixtures which is approapriate for the space & keeps things looking tidy and clean. The shower was great with consistant and moderately-even water pressure and temperature.
My only concern and surprise for our duration was the noise level from street level below and the constant tour bus parking station below our main window; compression hissing, vehicle braking, large engine thrusting and acceleration was constant throughout late evening and into the mornings. Of course, this was most apparent in the fold-away bedroom/tv room, and most noise was muffled by the wall and shut-door for the main bedroom. So, if you have a third person and they choose the fold-away bed ( like we had with our party ), there will be some sleep deprivation issues for that person(s) due to the constant and driving issue of noise.
Over all, a fantastic city and very vibrant. The people and BCN Destination were professional, courteous and most helpful in showing us around and getting settled in the apartment upon arrival.
I did think that the 4% levy on the VISA transaction was excessive and disappointing as this was not a surcharge I was expecting and should not have been shouldered by the consumer (us) without proper clarification prior to booking. All fees should be absorbed by the merchant and not a value add-on by the consumer or tenant at the point of settlement when arriving.
Front door security and good locks along with a nice air conditioning system made our vacation worry free and memorable.
G.Johnston

Room Tip: Rent bikes to get around the city; very enjoyable. The city is surprisingly bike friendly. The renta...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachSon
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed in the Walden apt – 4 total. It was attractive and clean. We really just slept and got ready here, but you could spend a lot more time as there is a great modern kitchen that is fully stocked, TV, sitting area, and dining table. The shower water was always hot for all four of us (pleasant surprise). The front sun room was rather hot during the day and the bedrooms were also hot at night. We had to leave our room doors open to get extra A/C from the main area. I always woke up kicking the covers off, yet the main area was always nice and cool. The company reps were really helpful too. They spent a lot of time with us when we first arrived, outlining how everything worked, where stuff was, etc. They also had great recommendations for local food and bars, which they provided in a nice booklet. I will definitely book through this company next time I am in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
AnneBarcelona, Manager at DestinationBCN Apartments & Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate feedback from our guests and are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Walden apartment.
We discovered the temporary fault with the air conditioning unit in your apartment after your check-out. We have fixed it now and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we hope to see you again in the event that you return to Barcelona.

Kind regards,