“the nicest roof terrace”

DestinationBCN Apartment Suites
Ranked #68 of 722 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Amsterdam
“the nicest roof terrace”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed in the Tengujo apartment on the top floor with its phenomenal and private sunbathing terrace. After a long and busy day of meetings there is nothing better than to come 'home' to your beautifully decorated apartment with a wonderful selection of wines and music, open the sliding doors to your dream terrace and enjoy the sunset. Anne takes such good care of me (and everyone else I send to them for that matter!), no matter what time I arrive or leave she is there. Considering the large space, the beautiful decor, the best location, the outstanding service and the warm ambiance this must be the BEST value in Barcelona. This is my...I don't even know anymore how many times I've stayed in the Destination BCN apartments...Well, I'll see you soon Anne!

Room Tip: the two apartments on the top floor have the most beautiful terraces and the least street noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed in Figi apartment for 10 days in May. The staff were fabulous from the time I made my first inquiry via email until the time we left. My many email questions were responded to quickly and professionally. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and given a thorough walk through of the apartment. When I needed a document sent to me via Federal Express, arrangements were readily made to have it delivered. The apartment itself was smartly decorated, pristine, and had all the conveniences for a comfortable stay. The apartment is full of nice touches such as a selection of wines available for a reasonable price (as well as a complimentary bottle of bubbly), clear instruction booklet for appliances, hip English language magazines, a French press as well as an Italian stovetop espresso maker, a nice selection of spices for cooking, extra towels, etc.

The location cannot be beat. It is a quick walk to several different major metro lines and major tourist sites. My only disturbance during the stay was the noise coming from the apartment above in the early morning of someone "stomping" about in heels. Not sure what can be done about that. Overall, I would not hesitant to stay here again or to recommend DestinationBCN apartments to others.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed in one of the DestinationBCN apartments and it made our holiday so much better. Firstly the service by Anne was prompt, friendly and very helpful as we required a late check out, and help to book a taxi for our departure. The entrance to the building was quite unassuming, but clean and the doorman very kindly helped with our suitcases up 4+ floors to our apartment. Everything was fully explained and Anne was easily contactable if anything went wrong, which it didn't. The apartment was very tastefully decorated and furnished well to make maximum use of the space. We had a fantastic outdoor terrace which we used alot for our meals or just a drink and reading a book. Kids especially enjoyed having this extra space. Lovely white towels provided along with all kitchen requirements and everything was in excellent and clean condition. Bedrooms were small, but this did not really affect us. Comfy beds too. An easy walk to e ramblas. Would recommend and also go back ourselves!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed in apartment Finn for 5 nights in June 2012, and it was a wonderful experience. Apartment is in a great location - an easy walk to the ramblas, the gothic quarter, the food Market etc, and also right by the metro, so also very easy to get around. Building (where several other of the company's apartments are also located) is a beautifully restored old one. Apartment looked just like in the photos and has been refurbished to a very high standard (I'm an architect & fussy!) & in very good taste. It had all the benefits of staying in a hotel, like lots of nice towels & stuff like cotton wool & soap, yet so nice to have the spaciousness & cooking facilities of an apartment. Bed was very comfortable. Has a phone for free local calls (helpful for booking restaurants). They gave us a bottle of cava, which was a nice touch, and the kitchen had basics like teabags & olive oil. My only tiny criticisms were that the wireless connection was a bit erratic, and that the bedroom didn't have much natural light (it faces a lightwell so had opaque glass on the window). Though the latter didn't matter too much as rest of apartment is very bright & it was a cool (apartment has a/c) quiet place to sleep in. We'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at apartment Reial for 5 nights in April 2012. Our reservation and check in experience was great, similiar to what you read from other commenters. The apartment was clean, bright and equipped with nice appliances and linens. It was a good experience and I would stay there or in another Destination BCN apartment in the future.

A couple of comments about the Reial apartment specifically: it overlooks the Placa Reial, which has many restaurants and bars so there was some crowd noise at night. Also in the early morning you could hear the trucks making deliveries to the restaurants. We live in a big city and are accustomed to this, so it wasn't a huge inconvenience, but if you are a light sleeper you might take this into consideration. Also, the entrance to the building is kind of shabby, a graffitied door which opens into a dimly lit entryway which had trash bags piled in a corner. As this was my first impression of the apartment, I was a little skeptical, but once we got to the Reial apartment floor everything was fine. Again, I think it is more big city living and something that needs to be taken care of by the building consortium, but just be aware if you rent here. We did not have any security concerns as there are always lots of people around the area, it is well lit outside and the apartment has a very strong front door with bolts going into the wall as well as an alarm system.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bahurricane
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed 4 night in our apartment canadilla and we loved the place. Anna and Patricia were really great hostess to these lovely apartment. The apartment was huge and close to Placa Catalunya. From the airport, we paid around 20 eu for the taxi considering we were 3 people. Its an easy 3 min walk to placa catalunya. there are several restaurants in the area bec the apartment is infront of the university. around 7 minute walk to passeig garcia. 3 minute to la ramblas. it was the heart of everything
We were greeted by Anna upon arrival and she went wiht us to the apartment and showed us how to use the hi-end appliance. Washing machine, dryer, stove, microwave/oven, tv with satellite channel were in full force in the apartment. Apartment was flawlessly clean.
they really helped me our tickets to madrid becuase there was a strike in spain. Thanks a lot for the help!
The one thing thats lacking in the apartment is a sign in the door. I always open the door

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank irongirl22
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed at Naoko April 2012.
We were met by an absolutely lovely young woman (sorry I cannot remember her name) who was very accommodating even though we were rather later than we expected. She showed us everything in the room and had loads of tips for getting around and different sights to see - an absolutely lovely welcome.
The apartment itself is probably slightly smaller than it looks on the website - the pictures on trip advisor are more indicative I think. Still it is beautiful, finished to a really high standard and very comfortable throughout.
For keen cooks there is everything you could possibly need - including the all important dishwasher!

I found the bed coverings rather warm so struggled with the temperature at night. I could have put on the aircon but it might be worth mentioning to some.

The terrace is good but you need to be aware that your neighbours at another Destination apartment can walk round at get into your apartment if you haven't locked the door, also the porter/handyman has access to the terrace. Worth noting if you have valuables/want to sunbathe naked etc! Considering their clientèle it seems unlikely you would have any problems but you never know these days.

The location is perfect for art lovers and those wanting to see things other than the old town (it wasn't that interesting to us). There are tonnes of galleries and spaces within walking distance and you are ideally located for the bus/metro to further off spots like Gaudi's park or Tibidabo.

Unfortunately for us we had dreadful weather so the terrace wasn't worth the extra money that we spent - a real shame. I think it would have felt like much better value for money if we had been eating and relaxing alfresco every day. With the weather it felt a little overpriced but that's not the owners fault!

Overall a lovely stay that made the weather much more bearable! Would recommend to any discerning traveller who likes to cook.

Room Tip: Naoko is perfectly placed for a couple who love to cook and want to see all the galleries around Rav...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple