“Great food - huge portions”
Review of La Bombeta

La Bombeta
Ranked #285 of 9,689 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
Barnton, Cheshire
“Great food - huge portions”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were the only foreigners in that evening, which suggested to us that the locals love the food. The decoration is basic but it's all about the food, which was excellent. But beware - the portions are very large and we definitely ordered too much. We had Potatos Bravas (with a really spicy, garlicky sauce), ham croquettes, battered and fried aubergine slices, pork brochettes, chorizo in white wine and local paprika sausage. Looking around at what others were eating, the fish, prawns, baby cuttlefish, snails and salad all looked excellent.

Great food, great value, but don't order too much until you've tried a couple of dishes.

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Have to say popped in for lunch but stayed all day. Wonderful food great wine and lovely service. Highly recommend the bombas amazing make sure you go if you want great tapas. Very reasonably priced. Wonderful.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant with a homey feel”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We came here for lunch based on a recommendation and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was very simple with a homey feel and the waiter made us feel welcomed. We ordered 4 tapas and a fish dish and they were all delicious. Simple, fresh, well prepared, tasty dishes. They do speak a little bit of English and helped us decide what to order. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to other travelers!

• Visited November 2013
Udine, Italy
“Fish and more”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the best place in n barcelona. Gorgeous waiter, really nice food.. amazing octopus "alla galega" with paprika. Recommend

“Well cooked and well worth it.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Followed the recommendations of others and wasn't disappointed. Released from the constraints of fussy eating kids for the evening by a kind partner I picked out La Bombata, as it always seemed busy with people who looked local.

I went early in the evening (7ish) and I would recommend getting in before 9 as it really does get packed. Don't know if you can book, as my Spanish doesn't stretch that far. There seems to be some kind of issue with this place and speaking English, but, perhaps because it was still quiet, the waiter I spoke to gave me an english translation menu, and recommended the peppers. All the food looked great that I saw, but I really enjoyed the pimentos padrone and grilled sardines that I had. Would love to return and try a lot of the rest of the menu, and if I am in Barcelona soon, I will.

• Visited October 2013