All reviews poble sec the penthouse montjuic park outdoor bathtub boutique hotel fire escape classic room vending machine honesty bar small pool tapas great boutique quiet neighborhood rooms are spacious minute walk la rambla a great stay
Reviewed November 26, 2017

A gorgeous hotel! We had the petit penthouse which is definitely worth the cost as the outdoors space was quite literally a breath of fresh air after a long day of sight seeing and the bath tub was lovely (especially with a little room service which was of very reasonable prices and only a 5 Euro delivery charge).
The staff are very helpful and friendly! We didn't order breakfast with the room but would highly recommend instead ordering off the breakfast menu (not the buffet), which was cheaper and the food was absolutely lovely - I had a avocado on toast and there was so much of it and such good value and high quality and still a cheaper cost than the buffet breakfast!
We paid nearly 6 Euros each for the airport shuttle which was about half an hour to the centre of Barcelona and we had to wait for the second one as it was very busy but actually if you buy a 48/72 hr metro card (the 48 hour is only 16 Euros per person), you can get an easy metro from the airport station to the zona universitaria station where you change to get a metro to the Parall el station which is the nearest to the hotel - this way you only pay one amount for travel to the hotel and your general travel around Barcelona (I'd recommend the metro as Barcelona is large!).
Overall a very lovely trip and I'd definitely go back!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheFullJenny
Hotel B, Gerente at Hotel Brummell, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear Jenny, we're so pleased that you liked the hotel, and we keep improving our services every day. We like to feel the hotel as a big home for everyone, and your words are just amazing. Thank you so much from Oscar, Alma, Julia and the entire team. Come back to visit us soon <3

Reviewed November 21, 2017

I loved our room with a terrace at this hotel, in fact I loved the terrace and comfy bed so much it was hard for me to leave the hotel. The neighborhood is great, safe, and convenient to both the metro and walking to La Rambla, but I don't know why you'd want to go there. There are some good restaurants nearby and the front desk will give you good recommendations and their custom map at check in. I did not eat in the restaurant in the hotel but did grab coffee and croissant each morning. The hotel has a pool and sauna that we could have used with 30 minutes' advance notice to warm up (we were there in early November). All in all this was a great hotel for our visit to Barcelona and I would recommend it, especially if you do not want to stay in a touristy part of town.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear BBCNY, thank you so much for your words, it is so good to know you liked everything about the hotel. Even if we're open since 2015, we try to make our guests very happy whenever they visit us, and if feels go great to know we made it.
Hotel Brummell is waiting for you :) saludos from the team

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I may have reviewed the hotel after I stayed there two years ago, but this trip was as good or even better so I figured I should update. The Brummell is still super stylish and keeps updating the art. My husband and I actually stayed twice for two nights at a time. They were kind enough to store our suitcases for 3 nights because we only took carry on sized bags to Marseille on our side trip.

We stayed in a room on the fourth floor (my review 2 years ago was for the petit penthouse) and then in the penthouse. Since my last review, I believe they added pull-out shelves to the open closet unit which solved my only minor complaint about suitcase storage space. The normal 4th floor room (45 I think?) was spacious, especially by European standards and was full of light with a nice view of the neighborhood. The beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms are large tiled rooms with rainfall showerhead and hand showers. If I could have their showers in every hotel I stay in, I would.

The penthouse was superb and had views of the entire city. The shower is, as they put it, sexy. It's glassed in, so don't book the penthouse planning to build a pillow wall between you and a friend. Unless you want to watch them shower :) the toilet is a separate room with plenty of privacy. The terrace is not as spacious as the petit penthouse's, but the room is really big and the terrace still has the fabulous outdoor bathtub, lush greenery, and a nice table to have breakfast on while you enjoy the views.

We enjoyed the appetizer and cocktail they provide to guests in the bar on Thursday nights, and we got breakfast most days - once room service, twice in the restaurant. It was as great as ever. The shakshouka may haunt my dreams, and the tomato toast was a very fine example of the genre. Do make sure to get a gin and tonic at the bar, our only error this trip was not realizing it was only open on Friday and Saturday so we missed out this time.

The location of the hotel is great. It's maybe halfway up Montjuic, so you can hike the rest of the way up for the amazing views without too much trouble. The metro stop is only a few blocks, and there's lots of good restaurants nearby (seriously, try the Venetian place). Las Ramblas takes maybe 20 minutes to walk to. The hotel is also on the side of town closer to the airport, which was nice as taxis are a bit cheaper. I don't see myself ever staying elsewhere in Barcelona.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren K

Wow Lauren, your review is just AMAZING! thank you very much for the update, it means the world to us!
we are very happy to learn that you had even a better stay. Please do come back and see us again soon. If we can help you with planning your next trip in any way, reach out to us directly at hola@hotelbrummell.com. We look forward to meet you again :)
Love! <3

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Last week we got back from Barcelona, and we had the best time ever. The weather was just perfect for this time of the year and we were staying in one of our favorite hotels in the world, Hotel Brummell. Brummell is a new concept of casual luxury. Less shine, less bling and more soul, just how we like it. The hotel looks absolutely amazing and the staff is the best. At the Brummell, they put in all of their heart to create a cool atmosphere that combines Mediterranean living with discreet luxury design, and it absolutely worked out. The rooms look great, they are pretty big and really comfy. Also the vies from each room is really cool, either you have great street view, or view over the city and the pool ❤ It’s so great when city hotels have a pool and a relaxing area. Nothing is better than a dip in the pool after a long afternoon spend in the city!

The staff is the sweetest on earth. Everyone is so committed to make your stay amazing. We got so much great restaurant, cafes and wine bar recommendations ❤ We really like when the staff really cares about you. We would absolutely recommend this place for a perfect stay in Barcelona. If you already have a place to stay, you should at least visit them for brunch or lunch, since also the restaurant is just great!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear OSQUARE, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your stay in Hotel Brummell!
We are very happy to learn that we managed to meet your expectations and thank you for your words about our hotel and staff .
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Brummell. :)
Lots of love! <3

Reviewed November 14, 2017

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Brummell and it was an excellent hotel. We got in very early the day of our stay, and the hotel staff was more than accommodating and moved us into our room very quickly. They were so kind, helpful, and we felt so welcome. The breakfast is amazing! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear kr2356, Thank you for the review, it's very important for us to know you had such an amazing stay at the hotel. Please, come back soon :) Best regards from Barcelona