“Lovely guest house, warm host and great location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Padilla Guest House
Ranked #155 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
minneapolis
“Lovely guest house, warm host and great location”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed in the Batllo room for 3 nights. I was greeted at the apartment building by Meri who welcomed me and gave me a rundown of the property and the neighborhood and how to walk or take the Metro to different tourist sites. She made me feel right at home which was much appreciated as I had just spent 10 days in the mountains of Andorra living out of my backpack. The kitchen was well stocked and equipped, with refrigerator room for each guest, though I also went to nearby cafes for coffee and fresh pastries and the lovely local green grocer for fruits. Bathrooms were clean, one is quite small, but the other is quite spacious.
The house, even with all the rooms full was quiet and a very nice place to base my explorations from. I was lucky enough to have a mini-Cody event with Kiku and Meri and had a wonderful evening.
Lovely place with great hosts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been traveling alone and Batllo room fit me very good. First of all is location: centre of the city, two steps away from gorgeous Sagrada Familia. Also it's a clean place with linens beeing changed regulary, kithcen loaded with everything needed for breakfast, as well as really friendly staff, enjoying their work and always ready to help and give you an advice. If I'll come visit Barcelona once more I have a nice place to stay there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

From start to finish, an absolute tresor found in the middle of Barcelona. Meri has welcomed me after a long journey and made me feel welcomed. You will find a home away from home.
Clean, quiet and well located! what else do you need. Everyone I meet at the place were friendly and respectful.
Totally recommend! Enjoy...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Padilla guest house - Park Guell double room, spacious and with airconditional, share bigger bathroom equiped with bath tub as well as hair dryer. Wifi is available. Self service breakfast is ready at the kitchen, such as milk, coffee, eggs, bread, cereals, fruit juices, etc. We could also store our foods in the fridge. It's a great location with accessible to metro within walking distance, carrefour express for grocery shoppings, lots of good eating houses at reasonanle price nearby the neighbourhood. What's more, Sagrada Familia is close to our guest house!
Thanks to Mari, who gave us a warm welcome on our arrival to the guest house!
We had a great time in Barcelona :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

In a few words.... Excellent location and clean. Arrived late, somebody waited for us, Other than that.....in 4 days towels never were changed, bed sheets never changed, could not connect to Internet, the small bathroom shower plugs up and you'll end up showering in ankle deep water.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend and it was the perfect accommodation, clean, secure and a nice location. The Wi-Fi was a bonus. I was travelling alone but can imagine the place would be good for a group as well. The location is very close to metro stations with good links to the rest of the city and the sagrada familia is just round the block. Everything about this place just made my stay easy, secure rooms, clean toilets & showers, self catering kitchen, friendly and helpful staff when I picked up the key and some good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed in Batllo for four nights and its small size that goes with its cheap rate was perfect for someone traveling alone. There are two bathrooms shared by the guests. I had the whole place to myself for two nights, but there was no problem even when other guests came. Batllo is clean, modern and efficient. My first night in Barcelona, I was pleasantly surprised the B&B is only a walking distance from La Sagrada Familia, the object of my trip, and that there are many restaurants with different price ranges around the area. Kiku and Meri are friendly and helpful hosts.

However, a word of caution about walking in out of the way sections. I was exploring a quiet residential area when a man asked if I could take his photo. I said yes and suddenly a man who claimed he was a cop approached us, flashed his ID, and asked me if I was buying drugs from #1 man. #2 man asked for #1 man's wallet and sniffed at the bills, then asked for mine. He did the same, and when he saw some receipts, he asked what they were for. I pulled them out to show him, then he returned my wallet. He said there have been many cases of drug dealing. While #2 man was "interrogating" me, #1 man walked away. Then #2 man fled to his car and drove away. When I inspected my wallet, I noticed that a big Euro bill I was saving for shopping was gone. I suspect they were working as a team and preyed on an unsuspecting outsider walking alone. Everything happened so fast. My suggestions: avoid walking around by yourself, say no if someone asks you to take his/her photo, carry large bills separately from your smaller bills. Nevertheless, Barcelona is safe and a beautiful place to visit. If you are not a Gaudi fan before, you will be after you see his works all over the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo