“Great food for early eaters”
Review of Fenicia

Fenicia
Ranked #458 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“Great food for early eaters”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were in Barcelona the day before the general strike and the day of the strike. We ate dinner at the Fenicia both nights and probably would have eaten there on the next night if we hadn't left on a cruise. The Fenicia is just a few blocks from the Sants train station. I can't eat dinner late like the Spanish do, and we were able to eat at the Fenicia around 7;00p.m. The food is outstanding, with generous portions. The atmosphere is romantic with candlelight and old exposed brick walls. The owner, Charbel, talked to us for quite a while, which added to our experience, and the service is prompt.. If I get back to Barcelona I will definitely eat there again.

• Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Kensington, Australia
“Great surprise”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found Fenicia by chance, just walking by. Being vegetarians, and only having a limited Spanish vocabulary, we were looking at the photographs of various plates outside and a courteous young Lebanese man who spoke good English came to explain the dishes. We took his word, took our seats, and found ourselves eventually confronted with more than we could eat: a huge bowl of tabouli, a plate of 4 spinach pastries and another of 5 falafels, each accompanied by slices of tomato topped with melted cheese and on a bed of chopped lettuce. With a glass of white wine for my wife, a beer and a glass of red wine for me, the total was just over 24 Euros. Nowhere in Australia to compare with it for quality or price, and my wife thought the young woman who took our credit card and chatted to us was beautiful and friendly. If only we had more time, we'd be back to eat here again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank John Henry S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently excellent Lebanese food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been here 3-4 times across the past few years and every time has been good. A Spanish friend of mine lives nearby and we often stop in for dinner or mint tea when I'm in Barcelona. The food is so good and the portions so large, I always eat way more than I planned. They have a variety of dishes to choose from and the servers are friendly and prompt - I recommend one of the combination platters. They also have a large amount of outdoor seating so you can take advantage of the warm Barcelona nights and watch the people out for una marcha.

• Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“First time for Lebanese food”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We tried this restaurant while in Barcelona in May 2012. We were very early for dinner by Barcelona standards. We were unfamiliar with Lebanese food but our waiter tried to explain the menu and helped us with our orders. I don't know what I ordered, but it was good and so were the other meals. The desserts were excellent. I'd go there again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Minn T
Kuala Lumpur
“Good Middle Eastern food”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good Lebanese restaurant, many dishes to choose from.

Visited June 2012