“Never left a restaurant before in my life...”
Review of Pirineu en Boca - CLOSED

Pirineu en Boca
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed November 26, 2012

But here we did! Never ever in my life have I met staff as unfriendly and hostile as they are here!

My boyfriend and I went here on a monday, because we had seen it crowed everytime we came by. So it was this night. Next to our table was a group of tourists and that was where our bad experience started. They served some of the orderded food out to the group, but clearly the group didn't quite understand how it worked. Was this everything, did they have to share? Instead of explaining to them in a polite way how it works, the waitress literarly [--] at them how it was. The group looked a little bit shocked, but didn't say too much about it.

Now it was our turn, we orderd 2 tapas to start with and we always like to share. So when we asked for an extra plate the waitress threw an extra plate in the middle of the table while saying 'like this'? And not in a friendly way. The food was not very special, but ok, it happens.

After these two small bites we wanted to have another look in the menu, but the waiter already asked to bring us the desertmenu. Ok, no. So when we got the right menu we had a question about two different tapas, both including duck. We chose one, and when it finally arrived (20 min later), it was the wrong one. So we told the waitress, but she told us this was what we orderded and if not, then we said it wrong. Excuse me? She called for her boss and again blamed us for the wrong serving. It was really the world turned upside down. We told them we didn't want this or the other one anymore and asked for the check. Waited for a minimum of 20 minutes again. (the wrong menu still laying on our table) The 'boss' asked if we wanted our check, like we didn't ask for it before. And when he gave it to us he told us, as if he was doing us a favor, that he didn't put the wrong tapa on the check. Well, thanks for that!

Like I've said, I've never left a restaurant before in my life and I really love going out for diner. The food was not so good, but the way we where treated was undescribable. Luckily we'd had some really good days in Barcelona before this evening, because this really left a bitter taste...

1  Thank Simone1787

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The chicken I had there is the best chicken I've ever had. I'd recommend everyone to go there, partly for the eco-thinking.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a beautifully fresh, delicious salad with anchovies, and a Catalonia duck and pear dish that was. sweet, but not too sweet, very nice flavour. Piece of chocolate orange cake at the end of the meal a let down in both flavour and texture, otherwise a very nice meal and pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Super delicious and well located for the rest of the evening to quickly reach bars. It is not the typical tapas industry restaurant. The plates are original and very tasty. Ask them how "many" to take as some are quite big. 3 mini-plates will do I reckon. Excellent choice of wine. Very friendly !! A MUST!!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Surrounded by organic options, origen sounds like a fantastic place to go. Unfortunately they are not cooking their own dishes in the kitchen but they are heating it so I guess they have a centralized one or somethin similar. Quality versus price balance is not so good. However is ok to visit the place once.