“Excellent meal”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Origen was recommended to us by a number of local people and we're glad we went. After having too many tapas over a few days (it took us a while to realize that we were basically living on bar food!), we headed to Origen and had a wonderful meal. Everything was super fresh and quite inventive. Aside from the fact that many of the meat dishes had a little fruit in it (a personal dislike--my wife quite enjoyed it), I thought everything looked good and the veal dish I had was excellent. We had wonderful vegetables in Romesco sauce and had some great, inexpensive wine. We struggled with whether to go back or not before we left Barcelona, but decided that we should try different places. If we'd stayed two days longer, we would've gone back to Origen.

There are newer reviews for Pirineu en Boca

Reviewed July 25, 2012

They serve good stuff and the dessert ORELLETA, served with a shot of sweet wine is unique! Superb.
I knew a guy that is a specialist. He said Origens s not good because they sell catering food, that cames done and is only served in the restaurant. But it is a good food, anyway.
And when you go there, make sure you will get the Orelletas!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

In June 2012 it was my third time at Pg. del Born in Barcelona but first time I tried food from Origen Restaurant. And... I regret I have not done it ealier !!! Unexpected experience from the beginning (at menu you can find all ingredients of each meal) till dessert. I wish I had no time to try all of them. Maybe it is not what you find as "typical spanish cuisine" but definitelly worth trying!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Many of the options on the menu were unavailable (at 8.00 p.m. on a Thursday) and the waiter was confused about this, so we had to order three times while he checked what was available in the kitchen and came back to make amendments. The food was slow to come out of the kitchen but once it arrived it was very tasty.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The stuffed onions and apples are to die for!! All dishes were great but these two I will remember.