All reviewswonderful hostsmetro stophome from homeceiling fanself cateringplace to stayresidential areawithin easy reachquiet at nightrooftop terraceairportapartmentcitycavastops
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We loved The Patio! One, it's adorable, and Liz and Tony are wonderful hosts. Liz was a wealth of information, and recommended sites to see as well as restaurants for lunch and dinner. We woke to a bowl of fresh fruit and coffee every morning, along with cereal and toast. Everything was spacious, clean, and very homey.

The Patio is also very conveniently located - right across from a Metro stop, and only a short walk away from the hop on hop off bus. And being picked up and dropped off at the airport decreased the stress of traveling significantly.

Everything about this B&B was very welcoming, and as someone said before, "We came as strangers and left as friends!" I would definitely recommend it for your stay in Barcelona.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with the twin beds, which could be pushed together if you want. There was a window looking out on the flower lined inner walk up, and a large armoire for your clothes. Very pleasant.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Perfect located to relax after a busy day in Barcelona. Close to Metro, quiet to sleep, very clean. Liz and Tony are the perfect host, they did everything to make our trip easy. Definately recommand this place!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I picked this place from the reviews online...and I say with great enthusiasm...The Patio lived up to its wonderful reputation. I stayed here with my 20 year old daughter and a girlfriend. We occupied both rooms, which meant we had the place to ourselves. It is furnished with antiques and everything in the rooms from decor to window trim have a special connection or story behind them. The owners, Liz & Tony, made us all feel at home and were delightful and extremely helpful...from picking us up at the airport, to a glass of wine, to a light breakfast and wonderful touring and dining tips to a glass of brandy or sherry when we retired for the evening. A wonderful quiet & safe respite away from the beautiful architecture of a big city. We came as strangers and left as friends! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I’d like to start by saying how delightful it was to be greeted at the Barcelona airport by a nice man holding a sign with our name on it, sent for us by Liz and Toni of The Patio.
My daughter and I stayed at The Patio for 4 nights and were completely enthralled. It was a bit like staying at a friend’s house that had other guests (that we barely encountered). We picked the room with 2 twin beds that overlooked the courtyard through a beautiful old wood encased window with shutters. I loved coming out in the morning to the beautiful dining area where little fresh fruit cups awaited followed by a delicious large cup of coffee prepared by Liz. The breakfast service also included a help yourself selection of toast, cereal, and yogurt.
What was really delightful was Liz and her husband Toni - both were relaxed, authentic people who were ever so helpful in suggestions of where to eat, what sights were a must, and the best ways of getting around (maps included!). Toni was kind enough to weigh my possibly overweight luggage before taking us to the airport. The Patio was cozy, adorable, clean and conveniently located. I have to say again how much I appreciated the car service to and from the airport – it’s a similar price as a taxi and was incredibly convenient and comforting. I definitely recommend The Patio in Barcelona!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Close to everything but located in a great local neighborhood where you can find just about anything. Metro stop 1/2 block and close to bus lines. Owners extremely helpful especially if this is your first time in Barcelona. Rooms are beautiful, quiet and secluded in a great setting. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011