All reviewswonderful hostsmetro stophome from homeceiling fanself cateringplace to stayresidential areawithin easy reachquiet at nightrooftop terraceairportapartmentcitycavastops
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Perfect located to relax after a busy day in Barcelona. Close to Metro, quiet to sleep, very clean. Liz and Tony are the perfect host, they did everything to make our trip easy. Definately recommand this place!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I picked this place from the reviews online...and I say with great enthusiasm...The Patio lived up to its wonderful reputation. I stayed here with my 20 year old daughter and a girlfriend. We occupied both rooms, which meant we had the place to ourselves. It is furnished with antiques and everything in the rooms from decor to window trim have a special connection or story behind them. The owners, Liz & Tony, made us all feel at home and were delightful and extremely helpful...from picking us up at the airport, to a glass of wine, to a light breakfast and wonderful touring and dining tips to a glass of brandy or sherry when we retired for the evening. A wonderful quiet & safe respite away from the beautiful architecture of a big city. We came as strangers and left as friends! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I’d like to start by saying how delightful it was to be greeted at the Barcelona airport by a nice man holding a sign with our name on it, sent for us by Liz and Toni of The Patio.
My daughter and I stayed at The Patio for 4 nights and were completely enthralled. It was a bit like staying at a friend’s house that had other guests (that we barely encountered). We picked the room with 2 twin beds that overlooked the courtyard through a beautiful old wood encased window with shutters. I loved coming out in the morning to the beautiful dining area where little fresh fruit cups awaited followed by a delicious large cup of coffee prepared by Liz. The breakfast service also included a help yourself selection of toast, cereal, and yogurt.
What was really delightful was Liz and her husband Toni - both were relaxed, authentic people who were ever so helpful in suggestions of where to eat, what sights were a must, and the best ways of getting around (maps included!). Toni was kind enough to weigh my possibly overweight luggage before taking us to the airport. The Patio was cozy, adorable, clean and conveniently located. I have to say again how much I appreciated the car service to and from the airport – it’s a similar price as a taxi and was incredibly convenient and comforting. I definitely recommend The Patio in Barcelona!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Close to everything but located in a great local neighborhood where you can find just about anything. Metro stop 1/2 block and close to bus lines. Owners extremely helpful especially if this is your first time in Barcelona. Rooms are beautiful, quiet and secluded in a great setting. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank rhiggins77
Reviewed October 24, 2011

After spending 7 weeks in Spain and Italy I think that this little B & B was very accurately priced, especially for such a popular city as Barcelona. I researched B & B's in Barcelona thoroughly before we booked The Patio and we were at no time disappointed in our choice of accommodation. As this B & B only has two rooms you are not having to share a bathroom with more than the one room. We had the room with 2 single beds that looked out onto the outdoor courtyard. The room was nicely decorated, clean and spacious. At the end of the day we enjoyed sitting either in their outside courtyard or on the roof terrace.

We found the B & B was ideally situated for seeing the city. The Metro is literally outside the door and the Hop-On-Hop-Off Buses (which are an excellent way to see the sights) are within easy walking distance. The area around The Patio seemed very safe to us and we walked to several restaurants (recommended by Liz) at night and always felt completely safe.

Barcelona is an beautiful city with some amazing sights. Tony and Liz were the most friendly and helpful of hosts. And having Tony pick us up and take us back to the airport kept the stress of travel to a minimum. They were amazingly helpful to us on the night we had problems with our bank cards and can't thank them enough for their patience.

Room Tip: We liked the large room with the single beds as it had a window to the outdoor patio. But the double room looked very cosy also.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple