“well worth it”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Art and gastronomy come together in “Imprevist”, a cosmopolitan place at the heart of Raval. This restaurant, close to MACBA (Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art), used to be a drapery store and a bananas warehouse some years ago, It was created by the sculptor and painter Josep Bofill to offer to our customers a culinary and artistic experience. “Imprevist” is composed of a team of high human quality that daily prepares dishes with season products in order to satisfy and amaze each and every one of our customers. With high-end products that we treat with respect and dishes that our customers have valued and appreciated as White truffle and mushrooms ravioli in mushrooms sauce; Scallop with ponzu sauce, lychee, passion fruit and salicornia; Duck with roasted pears, aromatic licorice and yakitori sauce; Monkfish with Iberian bacon, jowls and candied baby carrots. Definitely “Imprevist”is a place that will not leave you indifferent.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our destination for the evening was unfortunately fully booked, but walking towards our hotel area, we stumbled across this restaurant and instantly thought it looked like a nice restaurant. Tripadvisor confirmed it as well as the many guest.
They have the nice option of a half-price tasting dish for many courses, so we made a mix of salads (really good mixed salad), some calimari, lamb, chrunchy shrimps with curry mayo etc., all very suiting to our Cava by the glass. Very generous glasses by the way.
For dessert some cheese cake with ice cream and an almond cake.
The calimari was a bit salty for my taste, but 1,5 hours later, lots of good cava and 6 different items (including the delicious tomato bread and a small on-the-house patato appetizer), it was certaintly well worth the total of only 55 eur.
Might go there again :-)

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I went here and knew that this is a great Restaurant, and i have to say they a
Were right! Great athmosphere great food, but you dont go there for Hunger, but for The taste. 11 out of 10!!

Imprevist, Director General at Imprevist Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at the Imprevist Restaurant. I am sure that all your suggestions will help other guests to enjoy even more their stay in Barcelona.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Francisco Cruz.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for dinner here, it starts to get busy around 10.30pm so I'm glad we made a booking. Staff were very friendly and attentive. We ordered 2 tapas dishes - the patatas bravas which were deliciously crunchy on the outside and the truffle sausages. For main, I had a full portion of the truffle and wild mushroom ravioli in a beef sauce, this is a dish I'll never forget, absolutely delicious. Although I think it's a bit too much for one person so better to share it. My boyfriend had the lamb which comes with a smoked aubergine purée which was very good. I'd also order bread next time as there was a lot of purée and would work perfectly with a bit of tomato bread. This was very reasonably priced, a 3 course dinner for two with wine was €52. Well well worth it. It's has lovely fairy lights giving it a bit of a romantic feel too if you're looking for somewhere a bit special for dinner. Highly recommended!

Dear Kyles12

We would like to thank you for choosing the Imprevist Restaurant during your recent visit to Barcelona.

We are so glad to read that you enjoyed with the food, the "great service" and with the attentive staff . We hope to welcome you back to the restaurant in the near future.

Kind regards,

Francisco Cruz.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great choice of delicious tapas, very cosy restaurant. Friendly service. Had a nice evening with friends after a Flamenco show at Jazzsi

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were recommended this restaurant by a friend of ours from Barcelona. We liked it so much we ended up going three times during our weeklong vacation. That being the case, we wound up trying nearly everything on the menu and it is all amazing. Our personal favorite was the truffle and mushroom ravioli but again you can't really go wrong. The staff are super friendly and the atmosphere is terrific. I've eaten at much "fancier" restaurants in different big cities that don't come close to matching the food, service, or ambience. Definitely a must see if you're in Barcelona.

1  Thank -HMartin-2013