We stayed at this hostel for 5 nights...while we thought it was overpriced so was every other hotel in town. I will definitely say this place exceeded our expectations. The hostel was extremely clean. Most other visitors were similar to us...late 20s early 30s couples and were rather quiet. The staff were very helpful and happily helped us book reservations/tickets and print out ticket confirmations. The location is spectacular...steps from LA rambla and the liciu metro station. La rambla is overrated but where most want to stay their first visit. While some guide books warn of safety issues in raval, we felt very safe in this location, it is a quiet street steps from the opera. Its also close to a neighborhood grocery store with pastry shop that got us cheap drinks and breakfast. The bar on the northern corner is also a great breakfast joint. We were worried about not having ac in July, but the fan and windows gave adequate ventilation. We also were upgraded to a ensuite bathroom, but the biggest downside is we were next to the kitchen. Our windows were 3 feet from the kitchen windows, all of which were open. This meant people could see in our room and if someone disobeyed the kitchen closed hours and didn't turn out the light when they left, we had a light shining in our room. This was only a problem one night. Also, there was little outside light, but some other rooms had a lot of light.
WiFi only in common area
Poor labeling of hostel...look for hostel valencia and prep by looking at Google map street view. The banner on street view is no longer there.
5% charge for credit card, 2? charge for towel
While I think this was overpriced, I think we would've had to spend at least 20? a night more for similar location and slightly better accommodations and we were very satisfied. If you plan to spend time in your room (we don't) then a hostel isn't your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Hostel offers you comfortable and affordable accommodation on a perfect location. Situated in central Barcelona, 150 meters from the Ramblas, La Boqueria Market and the main tourist attractions, our place is designed for you to have a great time on a warm and friendly atmosphere. There are three subway stations that allow you to access all the others: Liceu (L3, Green), San Antoni (L2, Violet) and Poble Sec (L3, Green)The Hostel has no curfew, no lock out, it's open 24hs. Easy to reach from all Airports, Bus and Train Stations and surrounded by cafes, restaurants, theaters, supermarkets, bakeries, laundromats, post office, and of course nightlife! Also available for guests use is a lounge and cable TV/DVD room with international channels. Hang out in the common room and chat with new friends or relax with a movie on our plasma TV (choose some DVD for free at the front desk!) Free High speed Internet access is available as well as free WiFi access for guests with their own laptop.Our multilingual staff is on hand to answer your queries 24hs. Downtown Hostel is your home away from home and a brilliant place for making friends and enjoy all the sights Barcelona has to offer! We hope to see you son! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Downtown Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtown Paraiso Hotel Barcelona
- Downtown Hostel Barcelona, Catalonia