“Good tapas but cheated me by applying a currency exchange to my credit card bill without asking first”
Review of Tapa Tapa

Tapa Tapa
Ranked #3,515 of 9,770 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'm sorry to have to criticize as I would recommend this tapas bar highly on the choice of tapas, service and location on the passeig de gracia. However, without asking me, they chose to convert my credit card payment from euros into £, at their own rate, so charging a 2% markup. This is outrageous but as my spanish is limited (not limited enough to know that I wasn't given the choice though) there was nothing I could do. Please beware and if your spanish is good enough be clear that you want to pay in euros!

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“negletive service makes for poor experience”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On the surface Tapa Tapa seemed promising.. great location, open throughout the afternoon, which is convenient when dining with kids and a large selections of tapas.
We arrived at about 6 PM and the place was empty, but other than attending to their guests the waitresses much preferred to talk among themselves.
We were seated and waited to get menus. When that didn't happen, we got up and ask for menus.. we then had to remind the waitress again that we are ready to order.
We ordered a few tapas and a paella. The tapas arrived quickly and were of average quality but the paella never did arrive. When we finally gave up and decided to head elsewhere, the paella was still on our bill. When we asked for it to be removed it turned out it takes 30 minutes to prepare a paella, but of course no one bothered to mention that when we ordered.

We left with a bad taste and will not come back again..

Visited December 2013
Split, Croatia
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was excellent. The waitress was very sweet. The restaurant is very clean and the food was very good!

• Visited November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Tasty Tapas!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This joint was recommended to me by a few people re. getting quick and tasty tapas dishes; all dishes were exactly that, and I'd be happy to return to this restaurant esp. given its very central location.
I think that there are a few restaurants called 'Tapas Tapas', so be careful not to get them confused.
(Remember that reviews can be absolute or comparative!)

• Visited November 2013
Seattle area
“Nice Selection”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Topa Topa three straight nights. It is convenient to our Hotel SixtyTwo location and the variety and quality are top notch. We especially enjoyed the seafood salad, Russian salad, colamares, mussels, and grilled vegetables. Topped by a good European beer and friendly service for about 30 Euros for the two of us to enjoy two or three dishes each.

Hard to beat.