“Memorable tapas!!!!!”

Cerveceria Catalana
Ranked #229 of 10,192 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Returned 3 times to Catalana in 6 days. Need I say more? It is well priced and has seriously AMAZING tapas. Loved all of the dishes we had and enjoyed the buzz of the cafe. Do sit at the tapas bar, pick your dishes...and sip sangria.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,418)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel. We didn't have to wait for a table and were seated outside. The waiter was very helpful. My husband wanted to try some traditional tapas and we asked for a selection as a starter. Big mistake. We had several plates of ham, cheese and tomato bread plus some garlic mushrooms. It was nice but there was too much as by now the waiter had been back to help us choose our mains, he directed us to the most expensive dishes on the menu. I ordered lamb Catalonian style and my husband ordered fish. The fish was tasty but was basically a flat fish. It came with one potato and some peppers. My lamb was a lamb shank which was vastly overcooked and dry. It was served with chips. The waiter then recommended a dessert and we said no initially as we were full, we did eventually opt for a dessert to share which was a dry almond cake. It was average. We also had a bottle of wine which was nice. The bill was €95 which I think was excessive. Nice location, lovely waiter but I think the tapas was enough as a main and as we were then encouraged to buy the most expensive main as well, I felt slightly ripped off :(

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This was recommended to us on our first day in Barcelona and if we eat like this every day I will be a very happy bunny indeed! Don't expect to walk in and get a seat, we arrived to be told it would be about an hour but there is an alternative. Hover behind people at the counter and when they get up you just sit down quickly and order to your heart's content. When we were leaving I asked the girl organising the tables where we were on the list and was told it shouldn't be more than another 15 mins! It's more fun at the counter anyway I
think.

The food here is great, the staff are under serious pressure but still relatively calm (much more so than I would be under the circumstances) and will take time to try to explain what a dish is if you don't know. It's amazing value for money and if you leave hungry then you have hollow legs!

Yes the wait time is long, yes it all seems very chaotic but when a place like this is full of locals in a tourist area.....well that speaks for itself really in my book. Oh and it is definitely worth waiting for!!

1  Thank Bray_adventurer
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Absolutely delicious tapas and Spanish Chardonnay. Prices not exorbitant and very friendly service. Fairly long waits, but worth it; you can generally find a seat at the bar while you wait. This spot was recommended by a tour guide and the recommendation was spot on.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Barcelona travellers.. You should definitely goes to this place.. They serve Tapas here. So if you're traveling to Barcelona or perhaps live in Barcelona, you really have to visit this place.

The place is quite hip and trendy with friendly service. Since this place is hip and trendy you have to wait for a while to be seated. Perhaps reservation would a better option. But definitely you should try this place.