“Yummy food!!!”

Cerveceria Catalana
Ranked #226 of 10,092 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed the food here, great value for money and very tasty!!! Staff were very friendly and helpful we will definitely be returning on our next trip to Barcelona!! :)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent location, great service, and quality food. Had the gambas (shrimp), patatas bravas (potato cubes fried with mayo and spicy sauce on top), pork strip, and creme caramel. Lovely buzzing atmosphere, with a great mix of locals and tourists. English menu available, but daily specials were in Spanish so just ask them to explain to you what it is. Well recommended.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended to me while traveling on a crusie ship. Having spent my honeymoon in Barcelona over 25 years ago all I could think about was the delicous ham we had every day. While talking to a couple from Holland, they told me this restaurant had the jamon and the tapas I would be looking for.
I don't believe that they accept reservations, so when we arrived at 9 pm and were told it would be at least an hour wait I never thought that we would actually make it! (My 86 year old dad was with us)
The place is very busy, and crowded, but has a very young, energetic vibe. We liked what we saw and decided to wait. We couldn't find a place to sit while waiting so we walked around the corner and sat at a wine bar and had a few glasses of wine while waiting for our table. I am so glad we waited for a table.
Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. The staff was extremely helpful to us as we didn't know what to order or how to order. As we would see dishes being served to other tables we would grab a waiter and ask him to bring it to us.
Don't forget to have the french fries (papas fritas) with the fried or poached eggs. How in the world does something so simple taste so delicious?!! The shrimp on a stick definitely a must to order but OMG the jamon was the best we had while in Barcelona. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
The people of Barcelona eat late, so don't be surprised to see people either just arriving or waiting to eat at 11 pm, even on a week night. If I lived in Barcelona I would be a regular! It's really that good! I can't wait to go back in July!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Absolutely loved this place. Easily the best restaurant I ate at during my week in Barcelona. The ambience is fabulous, the service is good, and the food is fantastic. No reservations, so you'll need a bit of luck to seat a large group. The price is very reasonable for the amount and quality of food you get.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were recommended this place by the Receptionist in our Hotel (Granado 83) as it was quite close by. Don't be put off by how busy the place is. We spoke to the Maitre D' upon arrival who arranged for us to have a table outside if we came back in 45 minutes. Food and atmosphere really great and can recommend the 'Homemade Cake' if you can manage dessert!