“Yes, It's the real thing”

Cerveceria Catalana
Ranked #226 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Went here after a concert at the Palau de la Musica. This place is great. The staff is attentive and helpful. The food is great, fresh, interesting. If you go early enough, you'll have no problem getting seated.

Enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,416)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I lived in Barcelona in college for 3 months. Fast foward 10 years and I wanted to eat somewhere nice but not pricy. This fit the bill. FOr about 15 US dollars I ate very well and had 2 glasses of wine. The Patatas Bravas were amazing still dreaming of them. The best pork flauta I will probably ever eat in my life which was so tender and I don't really love pork fyi.
I had some tapa with roasted peppers, eggplant with a goat cheese on top...amazing. Tortilla Espanola amazing.
I Still can't figure out how they manage to feed all of those people and there were so many locals a good sign in a relatively short time.

We ate there 2 times. Once around 7pm and the other night at 9pm. It is very crowded around 9pm. I suggest going earlier if you don't want to wait 45 min and be in crowds. We wanted to come here because we wanted to sit instead of standing for tapas.

I had a Ramat wine for 2 US dollars and it was amazing. In fact I wrote the name down and went to the local store and bought the same bottle for 7 Euros.

I now LOVE Spanish food in part to this wonderful restaurant a celebration of Spanish food.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Cerveceria Catalana was recommended by a friends, and we were not disappointed! We love tapas, and we had a great variety of food at a good price. Can't wait to go back to Barcelona so we could go back and eat here!!

1  Thank PabloCPenaloza
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having been disappointed with the tapas in some of the tourist traps in Barcelona, it was nice to discover the Cerveceria Catalana which offers a range of good tapas at modest prices. Would recommend the razor clams and the batas bravas with the eggs; and the jamon was particularly good. The service is quick and efficient. The restaurant can get very crowded at peak times hence best to go early.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went here at 7.30 pm and there was already small line. We had to wait for 15 min but that was no problem for us. The quality of the food is very good. Lots of choice and all very frech. The prices are good compare to other tapas restaurants. Apparently there is another tapas place a few streets closer to plaza cataluny, called Ciudad Comdal, that is the same as this (same owner I think). There are many places but always very crowded.