“Stay away!”

Micky's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Description: Micky?s is just a few metres from Columbus? statue in Barcelona. The bar offers a wide selection of tapas and ?montaditos? ? bruchettas with various toppings. High points on the menu, which is Mediterranean and highly varied, include the grilled meats, fish and shellfish. The restaurant has a private room for meetings and celebrations as well as a terrace. The average price of dishes is 8 Euros, while the à la carte is around 30 Euros.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I ( 13 people) were at Mickey's this easter. It was indeed overpriced, and it was a very noisy place! Upstairs was a hen party and a stripper came by: screaming girls for over 30 minutes. They were not in a seperate room. We asked for a discount because we were not able to have a conversation, but they denied. Half a liter of water: 5 euro.
They cheated with the bill adding 3 big beers ( about 10 euro per beer). No tips!
STAY AWAY!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We arrived late and hungry so went to the nearest restaurant for some tapas. Over priced and the suspected source of c dificile which troubled us for 10 days! Avoid.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

As we wandered along las Ramblas the only think we wanted was a hot cup of tea. The lovely waiter gave us a large cup and made our day :-)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We ate here and the food was good and not to expensive, it would be nice to eat outside in the summer you can also eat inside but we eat outside and it was a bit cool, they did put the heaters on so that made it a little bit better

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I ate at Micky's on the basis of the attractive menu offer clearly displayed outside the restaurant. WATCH OUT! This offer, which was both written and photographically represented, clearly consisted of a promise of two servings of Paella and dessert afterwards for around 12 Euros. The paella took quite some time to arrive, and when it did only one serving arrived, with the slick, greasy gentleman who I assume to be 'Micky' informing us that the serving was for two people. I was taken aback and became very annoyed with this blatant chicanery and reneging of what had been promised on the menu. I had Paella the night before in the Royal Square close by, where the serving for one person was more than 'Micky's' serving for two people, for a similar price. I went over, complained, and pointed to the menu showing him the two servings, which was what we had expected and what I wanted. He fobbed me off by taking me in the kitchen and showing me different sized pans, saying the size we got was for two people. It wasn't. It was a rip off. The dessert afterwards was as oily and slippery as Micky and his hair. All in all, I was glad I stood up for us and pointed out his con artistry to him, but he fobbed me off with BS instead of providing what was advertised. A very disappointing experience at the hands of an opportunistic culinary charlatan, eager to make a quick buck by taking advantage of the transient hordes walking up and down La Rambla. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

1  Thank Adrian M