“A lobster feast”
Review of Sukur - CLOSED

Sukur
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Description: In the Barcelona's historic quarter, La Retama is an interesting restaurant with a menu that offers Mediterranean traditional specialities, with some exotic influence. Nice and comfortable, ideal for couples and groups of friends, the space boasts a good decor and has a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The name sounds Turkish, our waitress Olga came from the Ukraine and our neighbours were Bulgarian. The food however was excellent.
It´s nice to occasionally splash out and treat yourself to lobster. They were great. Equally good was the start of the meal a tartar of tomatoes with a.o. shrimps. The meal was topped of with mojito sorbets. We drank a Rueda, the Riscal blanco. I have to come back there!

There are newer reviews for Sukur

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I live in Barcelona and have been to many restaurants in the last 4 years here. I went today with my Catalan class and had stuffed eggplant for a starter and merluz, a tender white fish, for a second. We all had dessert and a drink, really good house wine, and many had coffee too. Everything I ate was delicious and the service was friendly and attentive. We were 12 people and the price was amazing for the quality and amount of food we were served (eleven euros per person) The ambiance is very nice as well. I believe I discovered a gem today and know I will frequent this restaurant often.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a fantastic meal here. Great value for money, delicious food, and far better than the touristy restaurants. Personnel were very friendly, service was perfect. The decor was original and intimate.

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The burger was not good,bbq sauce was ketchup and french fries was a potato. If u go there take the chicken or the lam. We also got one menu at the street and when we came in it was the "winter menu" ao we got a summer menu....

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant during our walk round the Gothic Quarter and the seafood in the window looked beautiful. It looked very atmospheric and cosy inside so we decided to eat here.

My husband ordered the steak which looked like a giant jacket potato when it came out...it was huge, and cooked to perfection! I ordered the seafood special (25 euros) and it was amazing!!! I had a huge pile of shellfish, salmon and other fish steaks, topped with 1/2 a lobster and sat on a bed of wilted salad, drizzled with a lovely sauce. It do love seafood and I have to say that it was probably the best meal I have ever eaten, in terms of flavour, freshness, quantity and it was visually very impressive too. My 6 year old had the seafood paella and that was equally delicious, fresh and a huge portion even for an adult!

The waiter service was very friendly and prompt and you could pass the kitchen and see what was being cooked for you. Us ladies were even given an apron to tie around our necks to protect our dresses from cracking open the lobster.

We also ordered 2 bottles of water, a juice and a bottle of very nice house red wine. We were all so full that we couldn't manage a dessert, so the bill came to around 80 euros which I think is an average price for Barcelona.

Lovely meal, come here if you are a seafood fan!