“Lovely little Mexican.”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed March 29, 2013

On just wondering around looking for somewhere to eat we found 'Rosa del Raval' and could not have been happier. The food was lush, simple flavours but very executed. Service was friendly and fast and the restaurant had a lovely vibe. Bright and colourful. All in all a very good dinning experience and the price was very reasonable too.

There are newer reviews for Rosa del Raval

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there for lunch with some friends, share guacamole with nacho which was good but not enough spicy to my taste, chicken quesadilla and fried corn tortilla with chicken. All was very good and tasty! Had mexican beer and the special michelada, tasty!! Chocolate good nice. The service could improve though!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a bad experience with this restaurant a few hours ago, so I am not probably the most objective reviewer at this time. I am an expat living in Barcelona for the last four years. My inclination towards certain exotic foods (i.e. Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Mexican) has brought me to many places, looking for a quick fix to my unrelenting cravings. I have learned to compromise quality of food and service for the remembrance of things past. I have been several times at the Rosa del Raval, as my faith is stronger than my disappointment. The food is unremarkable, but still bears some resemblance to Mexican food. The service is worse. Today, after being neglected by the maitresse d`/ waitress upon my entrance, I sat at the closest available table on my own initiative. In doing so I was mindful of my fellow customers’ need for privacy as well as my own. Then, in an almost empty restaurant, I was asked to move somewhere else by an attentive waitress, so that any potential group o client may occupate my table, potentially . I ordered a shot of tequila in order to have a “sangrita”, a very common Mexican aperitif. Since in past occasions I have ordered it, and the attendant was unable to comply with my order because no tomato juice was available (i.e. imagine the sophistication of a bar incapable of rendering a garden variety “Bloody Mary”), I brought my own tomato juice. I was advised by the very discourteous waitress as before that I could not bring my own beverages to the restaurant. At this point I decided to leave. My recommendation: steer away from this place; leave it to the locals, who do not know any better.

2  Thank GaiaExplorer
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went there 2 times while in Barcelona last week. We just wanted to get a pre-dinner drink while walking around in the Raval area and the €3,50 sign looked tempting so we walked in. Mojito's were very nice and were strong and sweet, just how we like them (and nicer than the ones at Rubi - which is famous for their mojito's in BCN)!
While enjoying our second mojito we started to get hungry so we decided to order something from the menu. Food wasn't up to the same standard unfortunately (small portions, very basic and not very tasty) so we returned the night after (to their other branche on Via Laetana) just to have some of their amazing mojito's again, but this time without any food.

1  Thank Delectatio
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back from our evening at the Rosa del Raval and thoroughly enjoyed it! We had the filled cheese jalapeños and burritos and they were some of the best we've had - gorgeous! The decor was quirky and a steady flow of customers show it's a favourite for locals and tourists.

Drinks took quite a while to reach us, but they didn't disappoint and were full of alcohol!

Would definitely recommend!