I was unexpectedly in need of accommodation while in Barcelona during the festival de la Merce` and chose this hostel due to the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed. My very first stay in a hostel, 40+ and expecting to feel out of place I was greeted warmly at the desk by the manager and found the 'roomies' just as welcoming. The dorms were imaculate, the kitchen large and functional and clean. Food left over was recycled and on offer for struggling travellers, but I was thrilled to find some Corn Flakes left on offer. There were people of all ages and such a lovely air of community which was inspired by the management and their communal BBQ's for a tiny 4 euro. The train stations were a ten minute walk up, or down a bit further, and even arriving 'home' in the wee hours I felt safe at all times, the streets are well lit and the surroundings very suburban and non threatening. Guests are encouraged to mingle and socialise together so it was fun to BBQ and travel into the festival with a dozen or so others of every age group and nationality. One unlucky Aussie was robbed and was able to work at the hostel for his accommodation and keep unitl his funds arrived. The terrace on the top has a lovely view across the town and hillsides and is a great place for solitude and tanning. I loved this place and would recommend it to any people who want to be just that little bit away from the craziness of Las Ramblas. I will definitely be back for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Feetup Garden House you will find a friendly, fun and warm atmosphere in an old house built in the late 20th century, which has been adapted to provide quality accommodation . Our Hostel has spacious rooms, in Summer evenings you can enjoy the sun coming through the large windows , is a cozy and relaxing environment for travelers looking to experience new sensations on their trips . If you are looking for a place to rest and relax with a good atmosphere , we are sure that the Feetup Garden House Hostel is the place. In Feetup Garden House Barcelona you can find clean bathrooms and a colorful guest kitchen fully equipped to carry out all the meals they want, in addition to large sunny terraces that provide excellent views of Barcelona and Garden to meet people and enjoy barbecues, paella, sangria, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garden House Hostel Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden House Hostel Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Garden House Hostel Barcelona Catalonia