“Great food”
Review of Sofrito Bar

Sofrito Bar
Ranked #3,599 of 11,887 Restaurants in Barcelona
Neighborhood: El Poble Sec
Description: Bar - cocktails - vermouth - latin food - vegan friendly - dessert - musical selection: afrobeat, boogaloo, soul, tropical funk, down tempo - live music or Dj - Dog friendly..
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal at Sofrito Bar. The pork casseroles were phenomenal with the arepas and fried plantains. Local craft beer was great and so was the service.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Tasty snacks, vegan food available but do not expect gourmet dishes, this is a bar! Fast and kind service, good cocktails
We were the only foreigners in the place.
We listened marvellous music and watched wonderful flamenco dance.
Tiny place and finding a table can be a challenge.
You pay the menu prices for the food and drinks and you get a money jar for music, what you give is up to you.
No reservations, be there before 8 pm if you want to find a seat.
If you are in Barcelona and see real local genuine Flamenco, this is one of the places to go. Let other tourists go to fabricated flamenco shows, you enjoy the real catalan feel.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We were so happy to find a place with such delicious vegan options (my husband is a vegan and I am not). They also have amazing tequeños, and tequeños are the best!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2016

Please go there and try the yuca (cassava fritters) with guacamole, the yoyos, and any cazuela with patacones or arepas.
It will make your day

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Ubiniquis
Reviewed July 28, 2016

This is a really casual little place tucked well away from the chaos of Blai. I was taken here by some local Cuban and Chilean friends who assured me the food was authentic and good.
Honestly, I've never been to Latin America so I can't vouch for the food's authenticity, but I can certainly say that I really enjoyed everythng I ate. It was a really welcome relief from the ubiquitous frijoles refritos, guacamole and tacos that are served up in most Mexican joints...they were there on the menu but with a variety of other tasty morsels such as bravas de yuca, patacones & arepas.
I left the ordering up to my Latino friends who decided we'd have a massive sharing feast. Although I was the only veggie in the group there was plenty for me to fill my ample belly...there are massses of vegan options on the menu.
My only criticism...which actually seems to apply to most places here, is that 'picante' for a Spaniard is not 'picante' for a Brit. I cannot for the life of me get a real chili hit! Never mind, that's just me.
It was still a super evening. The service was friendly and patient. The atmosphere is horizontal...it feels like a student hangout...in a good way. The prices were certainly studenty.....we had a couple of beers each and enough food that we couldn't contemplate desert and paid about €10 each.
I wanted to take a visiting friend from London there a few weeks later, but unfortunately the only table available was right next to the live band, who sounded great, but the decibel level wouldn't have been conducive to our salacious catch up gossip..so regretably my second visit will have to wait.

Date of visit: June 2016