“Fabulous”
Review of BarcelonaBB

BarcelonaBB
Ranked #10 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The location is fantastic - very central and close to everything. The apartment is large and light-filled. And our hosts were very helpful in suggesting local attractions, restaurants etc. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I have stayed at the blue room, ıt was realy quiete confortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank enginist
There are newer reviews for BarcelonaBB

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from a week in Barcelona. We had an amazing time and Barcelona B&B was the cornerstone of our trip. The location was ideal. One night, when we were too tired to go out, we had wine, meat, and cheese on the back balcony of the house. Later, we found ourselves looking through one of the many local guidebooks that were in the house (even though we usually stay away from them) and realized that Gaudi's La Pedrera was just a couple of blocks away. So was La Sagrada Familia. We went out for a stroll and easily found both famous buildings. The B&B was quiet and the rooms was quite large. The place is very charming and has been decorated extremely well. We would definitely stay there again and highly recommend anyone looking for a sure thing in Barcelona.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chamberstann
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and me had only 3 days time in Barcelona - and one of these days was dedicated to business (Mobile World Congress). We checked several hotels before, but everything was booked out.....WHAT A LUCKY MAN I WAS, because this way I found this lovely place.

Great people (thanx for your hospitality, Kiku!!), charming place with such a friend-style atmosphere, breakfast as you would expect it from good friends only, perfect location (walking distance to Sagrada Familia, fancy shopping streets, nice nearby restaurants and a 20 min. walk to Rambla. Metro station was also nearby.

So, there is nothing else to say, that I will never check on hotels in Barcelona and will make my next travel to BCN dependend on availability at this phantastic guesthouse.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hassan C
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our time in Barcelona was a wonderful experience and this apartment provided the perfect location for this lovely visit. The Provenca is a clean, comfortable and well-appointed apartment, just steps from cafes, shops and restaurants. Despite the activities in the neighbourhood, the apartment itself is very quiet and we slept soundly every night. There is a metro stop a block away, and we made good use of the system to explore the magnificent sights of Barcelona. We hope to return to this amazing city and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Liz W
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was my first experience in B&B,I came all the way from Australia and I could not be more pleasantly surprised, with the lovely Catalunyan style home I entered, the comfortable clean room and separate bathroom, delicious breakfast each morning, but most of all the hosts Kiku and John, they made me so welcome, were very friendly and knowledgeable of their beautiful city, that it made my trip even more enjoyable. I highly recommend staying here if you want that lovely home feeling it was so much nicer than sitting in a hotel room. I had the blue room smaller then the other rooms, but perfect for one person, I had no street noise and as I was there in Jan.2013, I found the room and home lovely and warm . Location was very central and in the better part of the city with good eating restaurants and tapa bar all around. Must also compliment Nieves who prepared breakfast every morning and kept the rooms and bathrooms clean, as well as being charming. I got to practice my Spanish and I can just say I had a wonderful time and will make a point of coming back. Thank you Kiku, John and Nieves. Marijke B. Sydney Australia

Room Tip: I was on my own and stayed in the blue room although it's small than the other rooms it was ver...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Marijke B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

When we arrived we were really apprehensive as Kiku and John were away and we were really looking forward to all of their tips and local knowledge on where to eat and what to do. We were met my Nieves, despite her not being able to speak English and my Spanish being next to useless we muddled through.
Firstly the area is lovely, close to sites of interest without being 'touristy', good local feel with lots of restaurants and most importantly it felt very safe.
The apartment is extremely stylish and our room was lovely. We were in the green room, high quality bed linen, large ceilings, antique lamps, shutters and very peaceful without a telly. The bathroom was shared (my first experience) but there was never a problem and it was kept spotlessly clean. Good hair dryer which was useful. We often had the apartment to ourselves and made use of the comfortable living room. Nieves put on a good breakfast and she was an excellent host, we got a hug every morning then she was keen to feed us! I was apprehensive about sharing a breakfast table (silly, but I’m not the friendliest first thing), but we met some lovely people and all shared tips on good places to visit.
The location really is very good, only two stops on the metro to the centre and 3 or 4 down to El Born which in my opinion was the nicest area. We didn’t much care for Las Ramblas and the busy tourist areas and spent much of our time either on Monjuic or in El Born. If you go to Monjuic take the number 55 bus from Placa Catalunya and it stops at most of the sites, be sure not to miss out on the Jean Miro museum, the cable car to the castle and have a look at the Olympic Stadium. Also, if you plan to visit more than one art gallery then invest in the Art Card and you will save a lot (6 for the price of 2).
We would return without hesitation to this B&B.

Room Tip: the Green Room was a good choice for us
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank genene
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Sometimes I like a trendy design hotel, sometimes I like the home like feel of a bed and breakfast. I stayed with Kikoo and Jhon in their house and I loved it. It's the little things like hotels won't offer like the hand chosen decorations and the time they take to tell you about the city. Most people would come in the summer, but I had winter time and am used to central heating, but maybe that was the only thing that was not purrfect. B and B is in a great location, funky shops and metro close by. Bathroom shared, but very clean and no problem. It sounds more of a nuisance than it really is and I don't mind it when always clean like here. I like the feeling of 'staying with friends you have not met before' and Kikoo made me feel so at home. This is a change from impersonal hotels and the alternation between the two works for me. It's also central as you can walk most sites. If you are looking for a homely place that feels real, this is it. As it's so central one can hear the street but I slept fine. Thanx Kikoo!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo