I'll start off by saying I struggled a little bit deciding where to stay in Barcelona, but was delighted we chose Barcelona B&B.
We arrived early (10am) and our room was already ready for us. We quickly freshened up and Kiku was kind enough to leave out breakfast for us so we could have a snack and a cup of coffee. He spent a good 30 minutes with us pointing out all the sites and suggesting a few restaurants near the hotel. One of the restaurants Kiku suggested was Morryson's and we had a fabulous time there. We struck up a conversation with the locals sitting next to us and -- between their good English and my bad Spanish -- we got a few suggestions of things to do around the city. We had a pitcher of Sangria and several tapas and our bill was ~25 Euros. They also had free internet, which was a big plus!
A few notes on Barcelona:
--We took the bus to Plaza Catalunya and then a cab to the hotel. This cost us roughly 18 Euros in total, which is more than taking the subway, but much less than taking a cab directly from the airport.
--I was apprehensive about the location of the B&B, thinking I wanted to be closer to Las Ramblas. As it turns out, I was really glad to be in Eixample! Las Ramblas is extremely busy and crowded and it was nice to be in a quiter area at night.
--I really struggled with how much time to spend in Barcelona. We ended up spending three nights at Barcelona B&B and then two nights at the Hilton Diagonal and am glad we went with this schedule. The beds at the B&B are not overly comfortable and after three days I, personally, was ready for my own bathroom. We are able to see all the sites we wanted to see in Barcelona in three days and then spent a day on the beach relaxing before we were onto our next adventure.
--If you need to buy train tickets on RENFE -- I had a very difficult time even with all the tips I found on the internet. I used Petrabax -- a US based travel agent -- and they were great. They charge a bit more than buying from RENFE direct, but are much less than Rail Europe.
Hope you have an amazing trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is in the center of Barcelona, in the heart of the Art Noveau district, steps away from Passeig the Gracia and its Gaudi Houses, also from la Sagrada Familia and most places of interest. We are in a beautiful Art Noveau building in a flat with high ceilings typical "Modernista". Our B&B is very warm as well as tastefuly decorated for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your BarcelonaBB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelonabb Hotel Barcelona
- BarcelonaBB Barcelona, Catalonia