“Nice Family, wonderful flamenco, average food”
Review of El Patio Andaluz

El Patio Andaluz
Ranked #88 of 107 Concerts & Shows in Barcelona
Reviewed July 17, 2017

My girlfriend really wanted to go and see flamenco if we go to Spain. I found this place on the internet and book a nightshow for two. It was a good choice. The place was 10 minutes walk from our hotel. The whole thing is organized by one family. The musicians, the dancers, the cook and the waiter are one big family. It was a really nice place. The food was usual, nothing special, less than I expected and a little expensive. But the show was really good, interesting, I wasn't bored for a minute. I couldn't eat because I wanted to see every second. There are also really nice handmade clothes and shoes worth a check.

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

The show is ok. Nothing extra. We book show with dinner. Dinner was not hood. Salat ok, but main course was really bad and cold.

Reviewed December 8, 2016

The place is located in basement. We arrived about 15 mins before show, because my wife booked tickets with two types of the menu so that we have to arrive earlier. The waiter placed us second table from the stage. The kitchen and toilet are located very close to the auditorium so frequently you sniff either food or crap, which actually are the same in this place. From all the menu I couldnot eat anything exept cheese plate, the waiter didn't change cutlery, they offer to drink sangria with glasses for water. The show was boring. We left earlier than half.

2  Thank Anatoly S
Reviewed April 14, 2016

We knew that flamenco isn't really big in Barcelona, but thought it might be a fun activity before dinner. Well aside from another couple, we were the only ones in the theater the night we came. W were seated in the front row as if they were expecting a rush of attendees but no one else came. The dancing was fine, the men's costume was a bit on the cheesy side. But it was mostly just awkward... to sit in a totally empty theater...there was no wait staff taking drink orders... we felt pretty trapped.

When it was over, they tried to sell us "handmade fans" -- supposedly made by the troupe owner's mother. I passed... the night was "memorable" enough. Yikes.

1  Thank BrooklynFelicia
See more reviews
Reviewed December 1, 2015

I booked the Show and tapas option as a treat to celebrate my friends birthday. It was 86 euros for the 2 of us.We had a great evening but for all the wrong reasons. We were the only people in the club till 15 minute before the show began, when we were joined by another couple and shortly after by a group of 10 Chinese tourists. Alarm bells rang for me when I noticed all the shiny tinsel and red glitzy stetsons on the back of the stage.
We had the show and tapas option - mixed meats with tiny bread sticks (!!!) followed by reheated then grilled spanish omelette - very dry - no garnish. Next came a plate of cold reheated paella (reminded me of the old vesta curries of long ago!) All followed by frozen vienetta and squirty cream.
When the show began there was an absence of real flamenco - just lots of spinning round and posturing. The male lead had a range of pretty shawls which featured in all of his dances and the 2 accompanying lady dancers wore dresses which might have featured in a local panto and did little to remind me of the fabulous performance I'd seen a couple of years ago at another flamenco club in Barcelona.
We laughed all the way through the show - more like the comedy store doing a parody on flamenco - a memorable evening but as I said, for all the wrong reasons sadly.

2  Thank nippytraveller