“a place where one wants to return”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ana's Guest House B&B
Ranked #38 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

perfect place for new-comers to Barcelona, it is very easy to find, nearby metro and bus stop, not far from main must-see places (Sagrada Familia some 5 minutes of walk, upper parts of the Monastry are even seen from the Terrace).

as for the accommodation, the rooms were clean and nice.

Service - simply the best as for friendliness, openness and preparedness to assist.

1  Thank Lilit V

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights last June for a summer school/conference. Ana was very welcoming - made me feel at home straightaway. My room was the smallest one with a single bed but the it had ample spaces for storage. Bed was comfy. Very clean and fresh smelling. Good wi-fi connection.

Breakfast consisted of a nice mix of bread, cereal, fresh fruit, juice etc. Ana went the extra mile by preparing breakfast an hour early throughout my stay there as my class started at 8 daily even though I was happy with just having cereal.

She also gave me a map of the city and showed me the attractions nearby and local shops - as I always ended up making dinner. You can use the fridge to store your food. There's constant supply of tea/coffee all day long.

The dining area/sitting area was cosy with lots of personal touch. There were plenty of travel books - so don't bother bringing one cos I just used those from the shelf.

The only downside was I could hear people in the next building chatting till 1-2 am and the sounds of toilet flushing in the wee hours. But then I'm a light sleeper plus nothing that earplugs could not fix. (And I was always out from 8 till 9 most of the time)

Overall, I would recommend this B&B as it offers good value for money with a warm and homely environment and most tourist attraction places are within walking distance. Infact - I walked to most of them even Parc Guelle, the beach etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lenny L
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When I arrived Ana told me to feel like home and I certainly did. Another translation of the word service could be the word "Ana", meaning the host of this B&B is service personified. She wants you to enjoy your stay, both in Barcelona and in her B&B. Ana is a wonderful combination of a business woman, a mom and a friend.

This B&B is small, cozy, personal and the apartment is very charming in old style. It's clean and fresh and quiet. Wifi is included and works well. Beds are comfortable. I shared a bathroom with one guest but that was no problem at all. It was very clean and never busy when I wanted to use it.

Across the street you have a Metro station with access to 2 lines and just one station away from the station Diagonal where you have access to 2 more lines, so within 1 station you have access to 4 Metro lines. It is located in a nice area not too far away from La Sagrada Familia.

Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of fresh fruit, bread, pastries, yoghurt, juice and much more. Having my breakfast at the balcony with the view over the beautiful and charming inner garden was a great start of the day.

Last but not least it is worth the price which changes over the season.

I warmly recommend it!

To get a maximum rating it would need air condition. Since I visited in the summer and it was over 30 degrees hot it was a bit warm.

3  Thank 294mariav294
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in May. Our room was large with a sitting area at the front of the building. The furnishing were very attractive, and there was a breakfast room with a sitting area where we had a continental breakfast every morning.

Ana was so helpful to me, as my luggage had not arrived in Barcelona with us. She called the airline. When she might not have understood exactly what I was talking about, she had her daughter come up to help us out. Ana comes in and out all day, so you may not see anyone when you pop on back to relax.

Subway transportation was very close if coming from the airport, and quick to get into the old part of Barcelona. It was also a few minutes walk to Passeig de Gracia.

Thanks Ana!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoanMarietta_GA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Looking for a good place to stay in Barcelona look no further. I have just spent 3 nights at Ana's Guesthouse and it was perfect. Within walking distance of the metro and many of the top attractions of the city I couldn't have asked for more. Ana and her husband are very hospitable, room very clean and all services provided for a really enjoyable stay. Would highly recommend :-)

1  Thank susiew31
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We experienced Ana's hospitality almost immediately when we reached her place. Ana was waiting for us at her door (our driver had called her to inform of our arrival), helping us with our luggage, and settling us in our room. Although it was late when we reached, she didn't forget to offer us juice & water.

The room looks new, was well kept and beautiful. Bathroom was modern, and all the toiletries were available for us. We had the room with a bow window area which overlooks the terrace, and that was great as we could let in natural light into the beautiful space. We had access to a Tv and seamless wifi in our room and the common areas.

We had a wonderful rest, and awoke to a homely breakfast prepared by Ana. Simple fare, but effort was put into the breakfast preparation to kick start our day in Barcelona. Ana once again welcomed us in the first morning, and armed us with a map and recommendations of sights and attractions here. She was a very good host and even patiently helped us to book a visit to Sagrada Familia which we were so grateful for when we saw the queues the next day for those who didn't do online booking.

We really loved our stay with Ana and have already started to recommend her place to any friends who are visiting Barcelona. (note though that rm 7 is next to dining area, so could have some noises if you sleep in late while other guests have their breakfast.) Her place is centrally located, about 3min walk to the metro station. 10-15min walk to Sagrada, and 15min walk to Passeig De Gracia (the shopping st) while u pass by some shops and cafes along the way.

Definitely pay Ana Guesthouse a visit when u are in Barcelona!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank A-geok
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay here! Ana was a fantastic host and helped us plan our time in Barcelona. The rooms were very cozy and the terrace was lovely. My husband and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple