“Norma "My stay in Ana's Guest House was a wonderful experience"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ana's Guest House B&B
Ranked #37 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed five days at Ana's Guesthouse. The room was clean and cozy, and I appreciated the way that Ana treated her guests as if they were at home. She was always willing to go the extra mile during my stay there/. Breakfast was served with handmade marmelades, a variety of seasonal fruits, and, of course, tasty tortillas. In addition, the location it's very convenient: I was able to arrive and depart by metro located across the street. Furthermore, the location allowed me to walk all over Barcelona. I was able to cap off my stay by having a glass of wine on the terrace during the evenings, granting me a beauitful view of the city.

Ana's Guest House was an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NormaRobertson

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at Ana's Guesthouse for four nights. It's an old Barcelona flat which has been transformed into a small B&B (7 rooms in total). I can only confirm previous reviews in that Ana is a wonderful and extremely helpful host. You can ask her anything and she will try to help in her gentle way. I really liked the cosy, homely feel of the B&B. The breakfast room is at the same time the common area, which can be used all day and has access to a cute little terrace. You can also bring or prepare your own food in the kitchen. Room Nr. 6 and 2 share a bathroom. All the other rooms have en suite facilities. Personally, I woulnd't recommend Nr. 6 so much. It is pretty dark, only with a window to an inner, narrow shaft. Location is excellent!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank melaba
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights April 13-17. It was like staying at home. Ana is the perfect hostess who bends over backward to please all her guests. The house is immaculately clean & tidy always. The buffet breakfast has a good variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, cold cut meats, breads, cereals, fruit juice, tea & coffee. It provides ample sustenance for the busy tourists who spend the day walking all over Barcelona. I love the fact that the bus stop is right in front of the building and the metro subway is just across the street. It's an easy walk to Ramblas and all major attractions, but has the peace & quiet of not being right on Ramblas. The ambiance of this B&B is serene and Ana keeps this serenity with her house rule for guests to respect their fellow house guests. WiFi connection is very good. My wife and I were completely satisfied with our stay. I know I will return here whenever I visit Barcelona.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like myself, stay away from room three, is right on Ave. Diagonal
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for a week last year and returned last month for an overnight prior to our cruise. It was like coming back home. Ana is the perfect hostess who bends over backward to please all her guests. The house is immaculately clean & tidy always. The buffet breakfast has a good variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, cold cut meats, breads, cereals, fruit juice, tea & coffee. It provides ample sustenance for the busy tourists who spend the day walking all over Barcelona. I love the fact that the bus stop is right in front of the building and the metro subway is just across the street. It's an easy walk to Ramblas but has the peace & quiet of not being right on Ramblas. The ambiance of this B&B is serene and Ana keeps this serenity with her house rule for guests to respect their fellow house guests. WiFi connection has improved even better than before. I was completely satisfied with my stay as I was last year. I know I will return here whenever I visit Barcelona.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Avinguda Diagonal are noisier than the back rooms though not really bothersome if you s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Home away from home; accomodations were clean and neat; Ana was an excellent hostess- made you feel right at home; she is very helpful, both with attractions, restaurants, and reservations. She speaks English and is most cordial. Although the location is not in the center of activity, there is a Metro right across the street and you can be anywhere in Barcelona within a very short time. Very close to Sangrada Familia. Rates are very affordable

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ans's is a wonderful place to stay in Barcelona. It is just a few blocks from the Sagrada Familia and the main shopping street and within walking distance of the old district. There are ample restaurants within blocks. The rooms are ample enough, the ceilings glorious and the terrace wonderful for breakfast, weather permitting. Breakfast is varied and generous. The best part, though, is Ana. She is like a mother to her guests. Whatever your needs she finds a way to help. We stayed here first in January. When we returned it was like coming home. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank plgrd
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in July 2012, and enjoyed the elegance of the aparment, in one of the many Art Nouveau buildings of Barcelona. The location is good, you can walk to the Paseig de Gracia, and there is a convenient metro station just opposite the B&B. Ana is a friendly and helpful host. Our room was smallish, but had a very pleasant study attached to it, with a view on the peaceful interior garden. The only drawback was the breakfast, which we found quite inadequate, at least in comparison to the excellent bakery/coffee shop where we chose to have breakfast instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple