“Worth the walk!”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Montjuic
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We'd walked for what seemed like miles and it was all worth it! It's small so be prepared to stand, but it's that good you won't notice the sore feet. We got a smoked fish and meat selection tapas plate to start with. The fish was amazing, so fresh and tasty. After these plates, we tried the plate that everyone goes on about; the smoked salmon with honey, and it lived up to what everyone says.
The place has a really good atmosphere, try and stand at the counter to gaze at all the food!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,791)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is my second try at Quimet & Quimet - the first was an aborted attempt on a weekend night. Crowds, out the door and down the sidewalk. Lunch made it clear why. Everyone raves about the food - as they should. The tapas are fantastic, with little touches making the great food even more special. For my money, I think Quimet&Quimet elevate tapas to composed small plates with lovely touches such as a small dollop of caviar or a sprinkling of dried truffles scattered over the crisps. And when you are not absorbed by the food, you are captivated by the wall of wine behind you. Too bad it was a working lunch and agua con gas was the best I could do for my bebidas.

2  Thank ExperienceCollectorPDX
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having read about Quimet & Quimet in most guides, really wanted to go. It was nice for a little bit of tapas, and glad I did but I wouldn't go out of my way to Poble Sec when there are many other tapas places around that are just as good. The place is beautiful, with cool bottles of wine, cava and vermut everywhere, as well as old school tins of things like perdiz en escabeche. We had the house vermouth (really tasty) plus some anchovies (the ones in El Xampanyet were better) plus some lovely croquetas. A bit tourist heavy but enough locals for a bit of an atmosphere. Service could have been warmer. I got a rather funny stare when I made a mess with the syphon for the vermouth!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Amazing tapas, try the salmon with the cheese, one of the best. It's a beautiful place, out of the the beaten track but worth every step you have to take to get there. Staff were very helpful, with a big smile on their face, and a passion for what they do. Don't forget to have your tapas with a glass of cava, it's the perfect combination, and one that will last with you on your way home when reminding of Barcelona. Also the atmosphere is fantastic, the decoration is lovely and matches the purpose of the place. Great place.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Cute tiny crowded tapas place. We had a great evening with 7 girls picking the wines from the great collection whick covers the walls.

The staff was helpfull with one of us being gluten free and prepared suitable bites for us.

Be prepared to stand while drinking and eating your bits.

1  Thank Marit-NL