“Fish and more fish.”

Ranked #1,058 of 10,092 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited this restaurant in Oct 2012. I has very little knowledge of what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. When we arrived a bottle of cava was presented (no charge) and then the courses kept coming. The meal started with the speciality ham and tomato bread then there were seven fish courses. Don't be frightened as all were very light. The meal ended with a choice of meat or more fish. We chose the lamb which was very good. We took our 15 year old daughter who also enjoyed the food. However the food is highly seasoned. We felt it was too salty and buttery for our taste. This did distract a little from the freshness of the fish. We also asked one waiter for two glasses of red wine to go with the lamb, we were offered a half bottle of Rioja for 40 euros. We did, in the end, get two glasses of very good Rioja for 3.50 euros. This restaurant is expensive but we thought that a similar menu would be the same price or more in the UK.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

If the fish and sea food was any fresher it would swim into your mouth. It's simple cooking in a way but with very good ingredients cooked to perfection. Yes it's true you have no choice on the menu but sometimes this can be relaxing...keep them coming... The service is a bit cold but nothing offensive. Yes they do not understand the concept of no more wine please but this is OK by me...
I truly enjoyed my lunch there and I will go back just for the pleasure of impeccably fresh see food. We payed 60 head.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The best food and service!
I was there many times, always better and better!
It was hard ti find this place, because is realy on totaly
strange place, but one time when you find,
you will never forget! :)

1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I considered ourselves very lucky to have the dinner at this restaurant. We enjoyed every dish and consider this is one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was actually not bad and the food was simply superb. The bill was about Euro215 for two, including some extra Iberico ham I ordered. We will soon come back to Barcelona to dine in this wonderful restaurant again.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't know what criteria are emplyed by some number of your contributors but I imagine price must be a major factor. My wife and I have eaten at Lucas Carton, tour D'Argent, Le Bernardin, Aureole (when Charlie Palmer was still cooking there) the Inn at Little Washington, Chez Pannise, Il genoa in 1977 and 1998.

I cooked with Dione Lucas at the ginger Man in the late 1960's and many of my friends are spectacular cooks as well. ALl that said, todays early dinner at Passadis del Pep was one of the 10 best meals I have ever eaten. My wife, with a strong mind of her own, does not disagree. the only thing shocking about this 10 or so course meal with 2 bottles of excellent cava, was a bill for slightly over 200 Euros. I thought they must have missed something. We would have considered another 100 euro on the bill quite reasonable. We are planning to fly back with our two youngest sons as soon as they can get away to have a family meal (or two) in this spectacular restaurant.