“Simply the best”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Probably this was the best dinner of my life. The food and the suggested wines were perfect. The carpaccio was so good as I've never tasted like that. I recommend the classic menu and the suggested wines.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner at Moo while in a family vacation in Barcelona. Food and service were impeccable! Ordered from A La Carte menu and ended up with pigeon, beef and sea bass, all perfectly cooked with excellent wine pairings. And a DJ was spinning an awesome music at the adjacent bar. 5 stars hands down. Wait staff speaks English, too.

2  Thank michael g
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We found this restaurant to be beautifully designed, from what we learnt- a makeover recently began in light of the hotel´s 10th anniversary which is a great complement to the already design driven hotel. The design concept transcends onto the plate; each dish is impeccably presented. Menus cater for different tastes, a variety are available including gourmet and vegetarian. Waiters are highly attentive and have a broad knowlede of the menu and as such are happy to help with recommendations. Although pricey, we were thought it was reasonable due to the high quality of menu items and wines. A fabulous dining experience.

1  Thank AlbertaLaGrup
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

As a present for his 50th birthday we booked a table we were ordered to go to a restaurant with a Michelin-star in Barcelona. We chose Moo, good choice!
The food was excellent, (the famous golden egg on the evening before Easter), and we loved the pairing wines.
The staff cold? Not when we were there. We felt in culinary heaven, they saw that and made our evening extra great. Their service was excellent but they also were there in a more informal way and answered all our questions.
All in all a evening we will not forget.
And we went back to our hotel with a chocolate egg for Easter!

1  Thank Hippohanna
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My 50th birthday. In Barcelona. My first time in Spain. My first time at a Michellin stared restaurant. (Personally I think the Michellin rating is going the way of the CD!). Because we had a reservation, we were escorted promptly through the lounge and bar to MOO's dining room. Spacious and minimalist. I ordered the Seasonal Tasting Menu, paired with wine. The food was imaginative, fun, beautifully plated and delicious.
I have been in the service industry for more than 30 years. Never have I experienced a wait staff so cold and unfriendly. The food is playful and imaginative. The staff in exact contrast. You have to wonder if the Chef is aware of the front of the house staff?
Although the food was five stars, the wine pairing exemplary, I would have to say go elsewhere for your Special Occasion while in this magical city. The food at MOO may be special but with such extremely cold service, you can find the magic elsewhere.

1  Thank eddiekd